Past #24: Levi Greenwood - officially traded to Collingwood FC for pick 25 (2014) - retires rd16 2021 due to concussion symptoms - go well Pig

Nylex

Club Legend
Mar 24, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Brad scott always seemed to have him in the gun. Hed get picked and sit on the pine. Wed be getting beaten and he'd come on and start winning contests and get momentum going our way. Thanks Levi, good luck

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Playing with Aaron Edwards at Deer Park this year. I’d expect those two to absolutely dominate the WRFL.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Still annoyed he was the bloke we lowballed in 2014 when we ended up with so many blokes on contracts that were too long over the years.

Outside of Jacobs and Rawlings (going way back) we haven’t had a half decent stoppers who could genuinely run both ways like Greenwood could. It was Abysmal list management to let him go the way we did after his best ever season at the club.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Outside of Jacobs and Rawlings (going way back) we haven’t had a half decent stoppers who could genuinely run both ways like Greenwood could. It was Abysmal list management to let him go the way we did after his best ever season at the club.

I think people can get caught up too much in what players can't do. Steven, Simpson, Greenwood - all unreliable kicks at times.

But like the other 2 I thought Levi's value to the side came via his huge tank and power in the contests. He was very effective.

It's no secret I rated him highly. Our inside midfield with Greenwood, Cunnington, Swallow and Ziebell was very effective and Levi was the only one who could really run at medium pace all game and rack up big KMs. With Boomer, Wells and NDS doing the outside damage I would've loved to see a parallel world where we kept that unit together into 2015-2016. Adding Higgins to it would've just amped it up to something else again.

People should go and watch our wins over Sydney, Freo and Hawthorn that year. The midfield was emerging as a fierce unit but take out one of the inside components and the balance got shot.

Mar 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Angels
Do you reckon he considers himself a north man or a pies man?
Not sure he thinks about life that way - he's not the type of bloke I wouldn't have thought who will spend a lot of time back watching his old sides or getting involved with them. Just happy for both opportunities I think.

He still catches up with his NM mates consistently. Big Monster from time to time frequents the gym he co-owns (with Taylor Adams who is another great mate).

Back