Past #24: Levi Greenwood - officially traded to Collingwood FC for pick 25 (2014) - retires rd16 2021 due to concussion symptoms - go well Pig

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It says he has "since overcome his symptoms" but I wonder if that was only recently or if he's just been tossing up his decision for a couple of months. Either way I doubt many would begrudge him pulling the pin at this stage of his career and where the club currently sits. Best of luck to him going forward, I wonder if he was one of the crowd that got a degree or something while he was under Scott?

Hanging around as a part time VFL coach and helping with rehab is interesting though. Medical retirements normally counted under the cap? If not I wonder if he was pushed helped with his decision.

probably the only player in the last decade that we wanted to keep but couldn't, solid career Pig

ended up with daniel nielson thanks cam joyce and past recruiting team :(

He had an excellent season and should have won our b&f but the conspiracy theorist in me wonders whether the club made sure he didn't win and then leave. It was obvious on that night of the Syd Barker that he was leaving. I asked him directly whether he was going to be with us, and he looked like he was about to cry!

He had an excellent season and should have won our b&f but the conspiracy theorist in me wonders whether the club made sure he didn't win and then leave. It was obvious on that night of the Syd Barker that he was leaving. I asked him directly whether he was going to be with us, and he looked like he was about to cry!

Worst thing about that is he desperately wanted to stay but we wouldn’t come to the party and low balled him time and time again. Sad really because he loved north.

congrats on solid career Levi, got the most out of yourself andalways Put your body on the line when it was your time to do so.

I saw Levi play for the first time today and he was very impressive, he's such a hard nut always ensuring that his head is over the ball.

Played a good game in the midfield.
This Post aged very well. Bloke always cracked in. So much so that the one time in his whole career when he didn't was newsworthy.

Shame his career has ended the way it has, hopefully the concussion issues don’t give him any more grief down the track.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back