Past #24: Levi Greenwood - officially traded to Collingwood FC for pick 25 (2014) - retires rd16 2021 due to concussion symptoms - go well Pig

Thought we may have heard something by now. Didn't the club say they want an answer by the weekend?

Maybe they're waiting for the working week. We obviously signed Higgins on Friday arvo, but the club hasn't said word one about that. I expect Higgins will get an article, a video, and a press conference tomorrow, and if Levi has indeed signed over the weekend, the club will make an announcement tomorrow.

Jimms

All Australian
Aug 23, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The part about Pickering being a knob is spot on. We are all assuming collingwood's offer has more coin than ours but it may not be $100K. What irks me is that Levi may not be getting independent advice. Pickering KNOWS that North is a better option for his client but has a massive conflict of interest because of the higher commission with the Collingwood offer. He may be pretending to give Levi independent advice.
being a player manager is a conflict of interest because they want the highest dollar deal? jesus, i guess we should put mortgage brokers, agents, shareholders and anyone that works in sales in front of a royal commission because there is some corruption afoot.

motlopfan

All Australian
May 18, 2003
Arden Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Melbourne
I think he will stay.
But if he is being forced or looking to move, there won't be much bargaining power.
Your salary cap is tight and that will create issues in a trade sense.
It really depends on what other clubs are offering him.
If he moves, North aren't in a strong position trading wise.
Don't think it is a matter of not having room in the salary cap to pay Levi more but that the Club has arrived at a figure they think is reasonable. 2014 was outstanding for him but it is only one year after all, he still has a lot to prove. I'm sure if it came down to a trade with an established player, worth more than Levi, there would be no problem.

HELLSBELLS

Club Legend
Jun 18, 2007
VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
If he wants to stay he will sign now the length and value have increased. If he's a money chasing big head that thinks he's Judd from 1 yes 1 good year then he will go.
Great if he stays. If not I wont lose any sleep.
I only want players at North who want to be there.

Maybe they're waiting for the working week. We obviously signed Higgins on Friday arvo, but the club hasn't said word one about that. I expect Higgins will get an article, a video, and a press conference tomorrow, and if Levi has indeed signed over the weekend, the club will make an announcement tomorrow.
Higgins wasn't presented purely because he is not in Melbourne at the moment I believe.
If Levi agreed to sign we would have heard it by now as well. Media is working 24/7 these days with Twitter and other social media avenues. I'd say Levi's position will definitely be known tomorrow. He probably went away to think about it, after the club presented its best offer to Pickering.

Jul 19, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
GRM, Williams
being a player manager is a conflict of interest because they want the highest dollar deal? jesus, i guess we should put mortgage brokers, agents, shareholders and anyone that works in sales in front of a royal commission because there is some corruption afoot.

I work in sales. I have to declare when I have a conflict of interest.

Apr 3, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I guess the point i'm trying to make is Levi has only had 1 good year.

I dont blame him for wanting a little extra money and a longer contract but before this year he was pretty well paid for someone who effectively was a VFL player.

We've seen it with Geelong and the Hawks that if your team is in the premiership window all players need to sacrifice something be it money/term of contract. I hope Levi signs on but I just dont see it happening and thinking your going to get a pick between 10-20 is probably fairy tale stuff imo, more like 21-35 is more realistic.

if we make him a FA will we get better compensation? oh wait he is a FA, I keep on forgetting.;)

Apr 3, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The problem is, irrespective of when Greenwood was picked in the draft 6 years ago, he just finished second in our B&F, a point below the winner. This says his value to our team right now is pretty high, and if we are losing him, we need to be adequately compensated. He's not going home for compassion reasons, or anything like that. If he chooses to chase money, that's his right but we aren't obliged to accommodate him morally, unless the deal is a good one to us. Which IMO is pick 10-20.

so let me get this correct, pick 32 and 6 years of resources to develop the bloke to come equal 2nd in our B&F in the prime of his career, and that is worth pick 20 and we have to start over again. ok sounds great.:(

off to the draft with this player, just so no other player gets an idea like this.

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think he will stay.
But if he is being forced or looking to move, there won't be much bargaining power.
Got to love how opposition supporters come in here telling us we have no power in negotiations so we should just bend over and accept a s**t pick LOL! Hey arse clown do you know how much of our cap we have spent? if not why don't you take just GAGF'd and worry about the rabble you support and how they are all queing up to get out.

Apr 3, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Agreed. He might change his mind when he looks at the risk of going into the draft, although he'd put a figure on his head and probably get to Collingwood that way.

Early 20s pick at absolute worst.

pretty sure Melbourne without Frawley and Clark could pay the same as Collingwood if Levi went the draft Path, so Levi do you enjoy battling for the spoon every year?

Go on Pickers, I dare you.

Last edited:

niko11

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think he will stay.
ur ship has hit an iceberg... pendles will be next to jump!

so let me get this correct, pick 32 and 6 years of resources to develop the bloke to come equal 2nd in our B&F in the prime of his career, and that is worth pick 20 and we have to start over again. ok sounds great.:(

off to the draft with this player, just so no other player gets an idea like this.
I didn't say I want that to happen. But realistically that's his value IMHO. 10-20.

Roadrunner

Brownlow medalist
Oct 6, 2004
Not here
AFL Club
North Melbourne
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ckstart-afl-trade-period-20141005-10qlh0.html

Greenwood left for an overseas holiday at the weekend after finishing third in the Kangaroos' best and fairest award, but the onballer is expected to decide in the next few days whether to accept an improved offer from the club or follow up on the strong interest of Collingwood and the Western Bulldogs.
It is understood North's first offer to Greenwood midway through this season was for a one-year extension, but the club has put a new three-year deal - more reflective of his career-best season - to him in recent weeks.
The Magpies and Bulldogs have the salary cap space to make Greenwood a significant offer, with Collingwood set to lose Dayne Beams and Heritier Lumumba, and the Bulldogs deciding not to match the hefty four-year offer that took free agent Shaun Higgins to Arden Street on Friday.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/biggest-ever-fatherson-bidding-meeting-to-kickstart-afl-trade-period-20141005-10qlh0.html#ixzz3FHX5QKnu

Aug 13, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
NORTH! 2016,2017,2018.
in regards to our salary cap It really is super fun reading opposition supporters opinions

image.jpg

jclei

Club Legend
Dec 22, 2010
Forward 50
AFL Club
North Melbourne
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ckstart-afl-trade-period-20141005-10qlh0.html

Greenwood left for an overseas holiday at the weekend after finishing third in the Kangaroos' best and fairest award, but the onballer is expected to decide in the next few days whether to accept an improved offer from the club or follow up on the strong interest of Collingwood and the Western Bulldogs.
It is understood North's first offer to Greenwood midway through this season was for a one-year extension, but the club has put a new three-year deal - more reflective of his career-best season - to him in recent weeks.
The Magpies and Bulldogs have the salary cap space to make Greenwood a significant offer, with Collingwood set to lose Dayne Beams and Heritier Lumumba, and the Bulldogs deciding not to match the hefty four-year offer that took free agent Shaun Higgins to Arden Street on Friday.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/biggest-ever-fatherson-bidding-meeting-to-kickstart-afl-trade-period-20141005-10qlh0.html#ixzz3FHX5QKnu

A few days..... we should probably ramp up the posts on here

Back