Past #24: Levi Greenwood - officially traded to Collingwood FC for pick 25 (2014) - retires rd16 2021 due to concussion symptoms - go well Pig

Remove this Banner Ad

"THE TRADE that will see North Melbourne midfielder Levi Greenwood join Collingwood will likely be completed on Wednesday, says his manager Liam Pickering.
Greenwood is set to cross from Arden Street in exchange for pick No. 25 at the NAB AFL Draft, which the Magpies will receive from the Brisbane Lions as part of the Dayne Beams trade.
Pickering said it was simply a matter of time before the paperwork to secure Greenwood was lodged.

I hate Pickering. I wonder how much commissions does he receive on a trade like Greenback?

He is a blight on the game. And he doesn't even play the game.

Naturally he is the one who is managing Boyd and about to stitch up the GWS on this. If the 4% is right and the Dogs pay him $6m over 6 yeasr then that's jst the small figure of $240k.

Parasite.

Before anyone asks, the Paraguyan guarani, the English pound, the Nigerian naira & the South Korean & North Korean won.
I initially misread that, and asked myself, "Won what?"

Well we got bent over, expected better from Walsh on this. Enjoy the bottom eight Levi, its going to be a long stay.
How do we know that until the deal is done? There may be other picks involved which Pickering won't speak about. Until all details of the deal are known, I am reserving my judgement.

"An agent’s whack from doing a standard contract is usually 4 per cent."
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...e-to-print-money/story-fni5f22o-1226733758831

Based on that Pickering stands to make ... 72,000 from Levi's new contract? :eek:

And I'd guess that this sort of strategy which involved shopping him around and signing a new deal at a different club would've included additional fees for Liam's services including marketing, research and legal.

Wouldn't be surprised if that got it up to circa 80 - 90k all up..

With Pickering there is no such word as Loyalty.

Horace knows the currency of ancient Egypt, Greece, Rome and the Parthians for those wondering.

Not to mention more of my vintage, some coins that went down with a Spanish Galleon a few centuries ago.

Ferdinand_VI_Coin.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yea, but some us still like to think there's a tiny shred of loyalty and integrity in the world.
He has integrity.

When he made up his mind on his decision he told us immediately.

He hasn't kicked up a fuss, he's just waiting for the trade.

Talk about loyalty and s**t when we're out signing NDS waitey and Higgo the new Piggo.

Cmon. Grow a seetttttttttt.

Money > loyalty. Sometimes.

He has integrity.

Talk about loyalty and s**t when we're out signing NDS waitey and Higgo the new Piggo.

I'm disappointed Levi left, l was talking more about integrity more in terms of Pickering, whom l actively despise. Is that Higgins nickname is it?

what did pickering do?
Go back two days worth of posts and you would get the gist of it. Basically the Levi trade was driven more so Pickering than Levi and pushed him to leave. His floating around of Boyd wasn't exactly great either.

He has integrity.

I get ya but the reality is that Greenwood is not at another club because of any of those signings. It is because he has decided that his value is higher than that offered by North Melbourne - clearly many players are not paid their "worth" hence the loyalty argument.

It is actually an issue in the AFL because we are in some ways a pseudo professional league. The majority of players are paid to develop before they are physically and mentally mature enough to be a first 22 player.

are people not familiar with how an agent/manager works?

Yes we are.

The facts are that there are managers and there are managers.

And Pickering is just a straight out a*******.

Have a look at his history and it is the same every time.

Parasite.

Wake up people, we are dealing with Collingwood. It will be lucky if they give us 21. They probably give us the 25 instead (if they have 21&25). Don't think they will give North the luxury to have both 21&25 for Greenwood.
All depend on Geoff Walsh on what is being a fair deal. lol.
Once again I am right.:rolleyes:
Trust Walsh to give us a bent over deal.:(

I reckon 20 is probably evens for Levi, and we're getting 25. It's lightly unders' but it's hardly being bent over. Surely there's some middle ground between "making out like a bandit" and "being bent over"?

Oops, I forgot. This is Bigfooty. Carry on. :p
Nice to see you posting again. Unless I've missed some, it's been a while.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back