Senior 24. Nic Newman

Remove this Banner Ad

Not normally a fan of players talking during matches, but loved when he was interviewed his intensity and focus and team first determination. That's when I started to believe a win was going to happen.

Fitted in well into our team. Provides good backup and run out of defence. His experience, pressure & disposal is very good as well. My only small concern is his tendency to tackle a bit high on occasions. Should have been penalised a number of times against Bulldogs for high tackles. Have to tidy up this component of his game. And that blatant push in back. Just can't afford to give up frees within the 50 m area.

Last edited:
2 more years ...

CFC2-342-COMM21-Resign-Newman-Web-Article.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Club culture starts with those who lead from the front and show composure when there’s pressure all around. Newman has shown more than enough to earn this deal and will help many blokes around him to get this club where it needs to get to. I have a feeling there will come a time in the next couple of years where he’ll be a big part of the turnaround whether he’s in our best 22 or not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back