Senior 24. Nic Newman

Remove this Banner Ad

Really can't judge this one until we see who the Swans take this year with the 4th rounder.
;)

Earnest follow-up to funny post: It's hard to tell but I think we used your pick (2019 4th rounder) to trade up for another pick (pick 48) that we used to get Lewis Taylor from the Lions on a 3 year contract. That hasn't worked out particularly well because Taylor has just been useful depth and has hardly played senior footy with us.

Anyway, you've done very well out of us on the trade front - both with Newman and now with Hewett (he's an excellent, versatile and reliable player). Doubt you would say the same of your trading with GWS. We seem to make a habit of trading out players cheaply (e.g. Aliir Aliir, Zak Jones, Tom Mitchell, Toby Nankervis to name a few players that looked to be worth more than we let them go for at the time of the trade). This may be partly us looking after players and (usually) letting them get when they want to go and thus building a reputation as a club that treats players well (Papley was a notable exception - not that we treated him badly and he seems happy now). However in other cases (e.g. Dawson) getting unders in the trade is just us getting reamed at the trade table.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations Nic. I know some call you noodles, but to me you're like the ice-man, all cool under pressure. Worthy of the 100 AFL games, and looking forward to the 100 in Blue.
played 31 for the swans so there's a good chance he makes it with us

Congrats Nic. Great season so far. Thoroughly deserved This should take him to the end of his career

Good to see the contract re-signingd starting to trickle through

Glad the club listened to me and gave Newman 2 years :D

Was a given on his form. Even if she catches up to him in 2025 he'll be handy depth.

Anything less would have been disrespectful

Remove this Banner Ad

Back