Contract Status: Out of contract 2025
My Boy Draft 2024: Pick 16, ant555

Last edited by a moderator:

Ati Tude

Club Legend
Mar 20, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Would be curious to see how we would go with 2MP doing centre bounces and then Cox doing the around the ground stuff. May not win too many taps but could use his tank and maybe do ok around the ground.

Oct 6, 2020
Narre Warren South
AFL Club
Essendon
I'm not gonna believe Bryan's injured until the injury update tomorrow. Feel like there's every chance he's okay and somebody just saw that he had a niggle on the weekend and jumped to the worst conclusion.

Remember when people thought Eyre had gotten injured? And then he played the next week? This could be a similar scenario.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
I'm not gonna believe Bryan's injured until the injury update tomorrow. Feel like there's every chance he's okay and somebody just saw that he had a niggle on the weekend and jumped to the worst conclusion.

Remember when people thought Eyre had gotten injured? And then he played the next week? This could be a similar scenario.

We hope. Nick Bryan the saviour.

Nothing about an injury in the VFL player review.. 🤔

"Nick rucked really well. He got his fair share of hitouts, marked the ball around the ground and got back to help our defenders with some marks deep in defence."

FFS.

So if we have no Draper, Phillips or Bryan...

How long until the midseason draft exactly?

Maybe bring TBell back for half a season.... oh wait, he's injured as well

Guessing no debut for Bryan, since they've announced Waterman and Perkins' debuts you'd think they'd do them all together if they were going to.

Gonna be light on up forward with Wright spending a lot of time in the ruck. Who the hell takes over when he needs a rest? Jones?
Age indicates that Phillips will play

Has to play next week. Wright to pinch hit.
Why do you have to play an undeveloped ruck as the number one ?
He was a midrange pick that everyone knew would need some time and games. I they think he is ready then I am fine with that but let's not just him for the sake of getting games.

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
Why do you have to play an undeveloped ruck as the number one ?
He was a midrange pick that everyone knew would need some time and games. I they think he is ready then I am fine with that but let's not just him for the sake of getting games.

Based on what he showed in preseason where he arguably outperformed Draper he’d have no problem doing the kms that Wright is. Unless there is an injury concern I don’t see how he couldn’t carry 60-70% ruck time against a weak Brisbane ruck setup.

Last edited:
Based on what he showed in preseason where he arguably outperformed Draper he’d have no problem doing the kms that Wright is. Unless there is an injury concern I don’t see how he couldn’t carry 60-70% ruck time against a weak Brisbane ruck setup.
Hi is still very light . He did not outperform Draper physical wise and the two practice matches I saw some nice Geelong he was beaten in the physical parts of the game. We are not winning flags this year so what difference does it make that they allow him to develop until they think he is ready ? Maybe this week or the next or 5 weeks.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Hi is still very light . He did not outperform Draper physical wise and the two practice matches I saw some nice Geelong he was beaten in the physical parts of the game. We are not winning flags this year so what difference does it make that they allow him to develop until they think he is ready ? Maybe this week or the next or 5 weeks.

Im looking forward to reading the VFL report. WAFL star Jerremy Goddard has relocated to Melbourne and is playing at Frankston/Mt Eliza FC whom we played last night in a practice match. Would be a good test for the young man as JG is fairly phyiscal iirc.

The Lions have man mountain and colossus Oscar McCinerney back this week (today), so I wouldn't be to opposed at seeing Bryan debut. He'll earn one sooner rather than later.

The training reports suggest he is coming along nicely and whilst he may not be ready (full time) he can't be anyworse than what 2MP offered on Thursday night (admittedly 2MP should be playing fwd not ruck).

Back