AFL Player #24: Nick Bryan

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surgery on a thumb ligament
Modified program relating to a thumb injury, full training by Christmas
With Draper out of the main group at training for so long and Goldy turning up, I'm starting to feel like Bryan is flying under the radar a little bit. Admittedly, I don't get to see them train, however, I've read numerous training reports now following numerous training sessions, where the remark is casually made that in match sim Bryan has broken even with Goldstein. If true, he's having a cracking pre-season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much of that is because Cats controlled Q4?
Not sure what that matters. He was invisible around the ground and should have been in spots to make a contest when they had a run on . That is the level he has to get to .
Should have been 2 or 3 marks and 6 or 7 possessions on the game time he had .

My man Nick.
Thought he did okay in the ruck contests against the Cats but was poor around the ground.
Did not see the Box Hill game but from a couple of reports he did okay sharing the ruck with Sam and was good around the ground.

From the EFC match report.

"Nick Bryan lent an important hand to Draper in the ruck, getting his hands on the ball around the ground and hitting the scoreboard with an important goal on the verge of three-quarter-time."

My boy today.
10 disposals . 3 marks . 2 tackles . 29 hit outs.
Rucked against Darcey Fort and Henry Smith.
Had a slow first quarter but worked his way into the game from there. Sprayed his only shot at goal. Played 90% of the time in the ruck.
Thought Fort was slightly better than him and he struggled physically at times but fought it out.

My Boy today.
4 kicks. 7 handballs. 2 tackles.0 marks.4 clearances. 40 hit outs.
Do not agree with some comments he does not look interested as he was more than competitive in the ruck against two big rucks in Campbell , Heath and a couple of contests against Hayes.
Up to half time he had limited touches , two from memory. Was better in the second half but dropped 4 or 5 marks he should have eaten for breakfast.
Tap work is good enough as we already know. Just has to be taking 5 or so marks a game.

My Boy today.
Do not agree with some comments he does not look interested as he was more than competitive in the ruck against two big rucks in Campbell , Heath and a couple of contests against Hayes.
Up to half time he had limited touches , two from memory. Was better in the second half but dropped 4 or 5 marks he should have eaten for breakfast.
Tap work is good enough as we already know. Just has to be taking 5 or so marks a game.

Can he step up? I would've thought by now he'd be taking more control around the ground in the VFL, getting more marks and possesions. And maybe a goal or 2.

Can he step up? I would've thought by now he'd be taking more control around the ground in the VFL, getting more marks and possesions. And maybe a goal or 2.
That is the question. It is the one thing holding him back. Consistent presence around the ground.

My Boy today.
Has he got the engine/mobility to just outrun his opponent to space for uncontested grabs?
Vs trying to out mark bigger bodies

Has he got the engine/mobility to just outrun his opponent to space for uncontested grabs?
Vs trying to out mark bigger bodies
He is mobile enough and he has the tank to ruck for 80% of the game. He gets around the ground and into positions but he either gets out marked or is very patchy week to week as far as actually taking marks. There is no doubt he has more development to go strength wise as he is still only 23 but he dropped a few today that where under limited pressure or contact.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back