24/11/17 6pm National Draft: Picks 47, 51, 58, 60 + 61

Remove this Banner Ad

Random questions.

I'm interested in thoughts of Brandon Zerk-Thatcher. For some random reason he interests me.

Is Tim Kelly likely to be a a late pick? I like the way he moves.

Is Jordan Sweet athletic enough to be an afl ruckman?

Is Callum Coleman-Jones a late pick or an early pick?

A lot of buzz on the draft board that west coast acquired those 2nd rounders and intend to use one on Kelly. Think he is likely to go to west coast.

Random questions.

I'm interested in thoughts of Brandon Zerk-Thatcher. For some random reason he interests me.

Sweet - rookie only
CCJ- picks 30-45
Zerk-Thatcher - average big (195 cm) defender - rookie in a weak draft

Random questions.

Not a fan of Zerk-Thatcher. Just don't see any real standout feature of his game that says pick me.

West Coast and Freo have 8 picks combined before our first so our chance of getting him has probably lowered.

I'd be surprised if Sweet gets drafted, im not sure he's done anything this year that he didnt do last year, except play some more footy. Didnt debut at senior level for a North team that won the spoon.

Coleman-Jones will be long gone by our first pick. I don't expect him to go early, but somewhere in the 20's or early 30's is probably his range right now, which is a bit of a bargain really.

I watched Sam Taylor live a fair bit this year, including against SA and when he picked up 27 touches in the WAFL. Aside from the depth and quality of key defenders in this draft what obvious flaw have I missed that this will see him available at our pick? I'm very bullish on both he and Petty.

I watched Sam Taylor live a fair bit this year, including against SA and when he picked up 27 touches in the WAFL. Aside from the depth and quality of key defenders in this draft what obvious flaw have I missed that this will see him available at our pick? I'm very bullish on both he and Petty.

Key defenders are not fashionable and there are so many available in this draft?

I don't know if Taylor will be available but does seem some consensus he might.

When we had Austin on our list I was adamant we should add a key defender in this draft so we had Austin / developing key defender / lienert in the magpies side.

Now even more important with austins departure we are missing 2 key defenders in our 2nds.

Some interesting info regarding Ryan from Tundrawolf

"Ryan thinks he will go to Port. They have been into him for most of the year. Given the recent trade period Port look to be going all out for a flag so they may roll the dice with Ryan.

The Eagles were a little more interested recently but I doubt the Eagles will pick him with anything other than a late pick or rookie pick if Port don't pick him up. I still think it will be a stretch that he will be picked up (rookie maybe) as he has some issues and every club would know that."

And:

"Not much on Banfield other than West Coast having a bit of interest, haven't heard that Port were into him.

As I said Ryan (and his old man) reckons he is going to Port, but Port are also aware that he has missed training sessions with not only Subi but with WA. Port was at that missed WA training session at Claremont and were not very impressed."

Some interesting info regarding Ryan from Tundrawolf

"Ryan thinks he will go to Port. They have been into him for most of the year. Given the recent trade period Port look to be going all out for a flag so they may roll the dice with Ryan.

The Eagles were a little more interested recently but I doubt the Eagles will pick him with anything other than a late pick or rookie pick if Port don't pick him up. I still think it will be a stretch that he will be picked up (rookie maybe) as he has some issues and every club would know that."

And:

"Not much on Banfield other than West Coast having a bit of interest, haven't heard that Port were into him.

As I said Ryan (and his old man) reckons he is going to Port, but Port are also aware that he has missed training sessions with not only Subi but with WA. Port was at that missed WA training session at Claremont and were not very impressed."

If we grab Ryan I hope we grab Samboro as well. Gut feeling is Sambono can do pretty much anything Ryan can do but seems not to come with issues.

I read the thread by grundog49 about his top 40 picks for this year. (started late last year)

The names that seemed to fit our list who have a possibility of being late picks were;

Tom De Koning ruck / forward
Oscar Clavarino kpd
Jordan Johnstone medium forward
Tyrone Hayes small forward / outside mid
Callum Coleman-Jones ruck (likely to be gone but injured this year)-port supporter
Nathan Kreuger utility
McPherson outside fast mid/defender (likely to be gone but injured)-think he trained with Port this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's happened to Jordan Johnstone I haven't seen his name mentioned lately on draft boards. Love to rookie him. Kicks goals that boy.

More of a late pick i reckon, would be good value for someone there

Any chance of Robbie Young with a rookie pick?
I would have him on our list before Lindsay Thomas. But given we are going after Thomas I doubt we will.

Potentially dumb question incoming but do we have any PAFC academy players we are looking to pick up?
Do you mean from the SANFL B's ie the academy team, or the Next Generation academy? If the later, then none in 2017 but 2 in 2018. From June this year.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2017-06-29/port-can-bid-on-two-academy-players
TWO Port Adelaide Next Gen Academy members have been approved for talent concessions by the AFL. Kai Pudney and Martin Frederick are members of Port Adelaide’s Multicultural and Aboriginal Next Gen Academy and will be eligible to be bid upon in the draft by Port Adelaide once age-eligible. The duo are members of the South Australian Under-17 State Futures squad and played in last Saturday’s win over WA. “Kai and Martin are working closely with our Academy coach Shaun Hart and the rest of our footy program within our Next Gen structure,” SANFL and Next Generation Academy manager Shane Grimm told portadelaidefc.com.au....
http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2017-06-29/port-can-bid-on-two-academy-players

Do you mean from the SANFL B's ie the academy team, or the Next Generation academy? If the later, then none in 2017 but 2 in 2018. From June this year.

TWO Port Adelaide Next Gen Academy members have been approved for talent concessions by the AFL. Kai Pudney and Martin Frederick are members of Port Adelaide’s Multicultural and Aboriginal Next Gen Academy and will be eligible to be bid upon in the draft by Port Adelaide once age-eligible. The duo are members of the South Australian Under-17 State Futures squad and played in last Saturday’s win over WA. “Kai and Martin are working closely with our Academy coach Shaun Hart and the rest of our footy program within our Next Gen structure,” SANFL and Next Generation Academy manager Shane Grimm told portadelaidefc.com.au....

Anyone know how well those 2 players are rated? Available next draft not this one unless I'm mistaken

Remove this Banner Ad

Back