Past #24: Sam Durdin - delisted after 21 NM games/1 NM goal - thanks Durds (drafted by Carlton in '22 MSD)

Wow, so much sense...
Happens on occasion.
Btw Ziebell should’ve been dropped for those comments and asked are you a premiership captain? What right do to you have to pot the younger guys making a name for themselves.
Was tongue in cheek and a reflection on how we've seen the VFL.

As I said it was some time ago, well before he was captain.

The only way this ship is going to right is if we change the mindset and culture of the players.

We do that by changing the voices around them.

We're just marking time till that happens.

All this timing of the ball stuff and snap second decision making, when to mark and when to spoil etc, can be put down to it being only his second game of footy for about 10 months.

Given his output was OK I think keeping him in probably better for him than dropping him back to VFL immediately.

I'd keep giving him a go until it seems too much of a stretch for him.

InTheBack

Debutant
Sep 5, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Had he made 2 or 3 spoils at the right time we would have been raving about him. Knew he had a chance and played to prove it. Sometimes it comes off and sometimes it doesn't.

Think he will make it as a footyballer.

Can someone please post the caption of burton flattening Higgins. I’m trying to work out how one gets off and the other us 2 weeks

If you're referring to Durdin (probably) getting two weeks, then it's already been explained: the rule has been changed since the Burton hit.

bengrina

Club Legend
Aug 29, 2012
West Baltimore
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If you're referring to Durdin (probably) getting two weeks, then it's already been explained: the rule has been changed since the Burton hit.
To be honest I’m over the afl rules changes/interpretations as it is . The way I see it is that Sam was bumped or probably a better term went to sheppered the ball carrier. The damage was caused because Rohan wasn’t aware of his surroundings. If Sam hadn’t gone in there was every chance Rohan would have run the north bloke down and holding the ball .

Shagga is all Class

Premiership Player
May 15, 2005
Beneath the Blue and White
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
I cannot believe he copped a week and Gaz & Fyfe didn't even get a look in.

What the **** is with the bias towards stars of the game.

AFL site headline says it all really. Not about what you do, it is who you are.

"Superstars cleared of high hits, young Roo banned."

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Must challenge. Abhorrently ridiculous that he should go for that
Should challenge and get out in front of the media.

Say we are challenging knowing that it won’t get overturned, but we believe this farce needs to be brought to attention.

A legitimately executed football act should never be suspended. But in the current AFL bizarro world, sniping is ok, accidents in the course of playing the game are not.

As it now appears that "intercept marking" is becoming flavour of the month, and a bog average performer like Alex Keath is getting rave reviews for taking quite a few of these this year, maybe this is where Sam could find his niche, not a bad pair of mitts when he decides to use them, and probably a better option as 2nd Ruckman than Brown, Larkey (or Zurhaar), extremely stiff to be suspended, should be persisted with.

Sideburns Ahern

Team Captain
Apr 6, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Say we are challenging knowing that it won’t get overturned, but we believe this farce needs to be brought to attention.

A legitimately executed football act should never be suspended. But in the current AFL bizarro world, sniping is ok, accidents in the course of playing the game are not.

Yes I like the way you are thinking. Make the AFL defend the cluster * they've created. And push this line that there must be a distinction between fair play and sniper acts. They must give discounts to players who do the right thing.

His only legal option was to bump/shephard for his team mate. The commentators who brought up the Burton/Higgins incident are idiots. Burton had the option to tackle/smother and should've been suspended.

Johnny99

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2011
In a house.
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Imagine what Eddie would have said if it was a Collingwood player !!!

But then again, if he was wearing black stripes instead of blue, it would have been play on....

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
I thought he was impressive considering he came in off almost no preparation. His interview after the VFL hit out last week suggested he was blowing out the cobwebs and needed a few games under his belt. So to be thrown in as an emergency, he surpassed my expectations.
Mine too. But it wouldn't have been hard, I confess.

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Imagine what Eddie would have said if it was a Collingwood player !!!

But then again, if he was wearing black stripes instead of blue, it would have been play on....
Why didn't the club challenge the Durdin verdict oh that's right his dad didn't play for the club .
Feel sorry for Durdin with Thompson back he won't get back in unless Thompson or Tarrant get injured I think Durdin could be looking at the big D
DELISTED

Back