Past #24: Sam Durdin - delisted after 21 NM games/1 NM goal - thanks Durds (drafted by Carlton in '22 MSD)

Remove this Banner Ad

I know it's easy to say in retrospect but seriously, who trains these kids nowadays? Scissors people. They exist for a reason. We need to put our draftees through home economics class. Fun fact, home economics is like ATM Machine - the original Greek & Latin word essentially meaning 'household management" ie. Home Home Management.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-02-20/knife-mishap-puts-north-defender-out-for-10-weeks

NORTH Melbourne key defender Sam Durdin has suffered another blow on the eve of a make-or-break season, with a finger injury suffered in a random home mishap expected to sideline him for up to 10 weeks.

A North spokesperson told AFL.com.au on Wednesday Durdin had suffered a deep cut to his little finger when a knife he was using to open a packet of food slipped.

The spokesperson said Durdin was not expected to return to full training for eight to 10 weeks.

I call bullshit....I think he fell & hit his head on the corner of the bath as he was getting out of the shower after throwing a Frisbee to his dog who bit him on the hand. Its all smoke & mirrors behind the sidescreen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** me.

That means he isn’t going to get to full fitness until at least the mid point of the season.

Could be the beginning of the end for Durdin.

We absolutely bombed our first two picks of the 2014 draft.
Durdin was viewed as a pretty decent selection at the time. To turn one of our top 5 mids (Greenwood) into Dan Nielson was shocking.

Can't see him on the list past this year at the rate he's going.
Wow
Like wow
Chill out People
He had an accident
He will either start playing better footy or he won’t

In 10 weeks or so...which is tedious but no need to throw him out the door before we actually see what 20019 brings

Wow
Like wow
Chill out People
He had an accident
He will either start playing better footy or he won’t

In 10 weeks or so...which is tedious but no need to throw him out the door before we actually see what 20019 brings

This isnt about the accident, its about how he's been here for a while now, and every time he's on the park its an underwhelming display, there's peers in his defensive team that have been here for a shorter time that are quickly surpassing him, and this distance only grows further every season until he cements a spot, and in his tenure that has not happened and I don't see it happening.

Setbacks like this do just that, set him back further to leave others to jump ahead and by the time this season closes there may not even be a place for him here. This accident is a small part of the bigger issue regarding Durdin. I'll happily eat crow if he's not delisted, but like I said the way things are panning out the club has only so much patience before passing him on.

**** me.

That means he isn’t going to get to full fitness until at least the mid point of the season.

Could be the beginning of the end for Durdin.

We absolutely bombed our first two picks of the 2014 draft.
He should be able to complete all the running.

Back playing VFL in round 5 in not the end of the world.

10 week injury while opening a packet at home, I think Sam is fortunate natural selection isn't a thing for humans living in Australia.
Could you imagine Maj comes back before him.
Falls from a a big height right to go, opening packet of chips nah mate cant play.

Injury could not have come at a worse time, there was a spot in the Rd 1 Team there for the taking, 8-10 weeks, must have done a fair old job of slicing the finger, as a grumpy old, i have learned that scissors are a better option than a knife for lots of little tasks in the kitchen.
Maybe, rushed my son to hospital a few weeks a go with his wrist slashed open from a pair of scissors that his brother dropped and he tried to catch. Silly little accidents never cease to surprise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back