Player Watch #24: Tom Powell - signed thru 2026 - 7th highest ranked player league-wide after 3 rds - avg. 27.7d & 7clearances p/g

Remove this Banner Ad

He was pick 21. Tho technically still a first rounder. He has turned out good tho. Before those two it was Bread, Garns and Ats. Some might say that turned out poorly. That is back to 2010 i think.
I’d say Ats was a good pick. Close to 250 games and a solid player. Sure - lost his mojo towards the end, but by no means a waste even though people expected more.
Garns ruined by injury. A worthy pick on talent.

I’d say Ats was a good pick. Close to 250 games and a solid player. Sure - lost his mojo towards the end, but by no means a waste even though people expected more.
Garns ruined by injury. A worthy pick on talent.
I agree.

Even Durdin might have been able to show something with better development.

LDU-Thomas-Powell-Simpkin-Phillips-Stephenson-Horne-Francis will be hailed as the greatest midfield of all time in 10 years time!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

JFH is going to be spectacular to watch, but jeez I am looking forward to watching this bloke go at it next year the most. A full pre-season under his belt - set for something special i reckon. Will he keep the 24?
Yep. Can't ******* wait to watch him play footy again. It was almost the best thing about this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly has anyone ever seen vision like this from an 18 year old?.. He’s reading the game three steps ahead of his opponent.

Need to give him a nickname.. thoughts?..

Tom ‘The Surgeon’ Powell, or Tom ‘The Doctor’ Powell? - he does it with so much precision.

Honestly has anyone ever seen vision like this from an 18 year old?.. He’s reading the game three steps ahead of his opponent.

Tom ‘The Surgeon’ Powell, or Tom ‘The Doctor’ Powell? - he does it with so much precision.

The handball at :12 is sheer lunacy.

LOL I genuinely reckon I've watched this once a week for the last couple of months. Good on ya for posting, I might get my fix in early this week.

I can watch that handball to Cunners inside D50 against the dogs all day. 3rd game at that stage, had a short option, held onto it and nailed a 20m handball over the pack to Cunners with space through the middle. His vision is elite.

Assuming this is said a bit tongue in cheek?
You haven’t actually watched this weekly have you?

that's about how often i watch the highlights reel from the 2014 elimination final. speaking of which i'm gonna go watch it again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back