Player Watch #24: Tom Powell - signed thru 2026 - 7th highest ranked player league-wide after 3 rds - avg. 27.7d & 7clearances p/g

Remove this Banner Ad

We got some great fast breaks on the weekend. At both levels. Not breaking down anywhere near as much as it was earlier in the season.
We are definitely starting to see things starting to gel more and for longer periods. The future is going to be exciting when it all comes together.

It sounds like young Tom is coming out of his shell... Worth a listen:

Haha yeah I loved this interview. He’s a funny kid, real infectious humour and truly loved the banter. Definitely coming out of his shell (if he was ever actually in one)!

So Tommy really was managed/rested this week. Left out of the VFL side this weekend as well. Can completely understand he’s been in need of a rest with his output noticeably dropping just a little in the last few weeks.

I think he’s the only first year player til this point who’d played every game so absolutely get it. Hopefully he got an opportunity to head home for a few days and see his family.

According to Noble's presser today Powelly has been playing sore but will be given another few weeks rest to track and manage his discomfort. Could keep playing but club are being cautious. No indication as to what the problem is but given he had a major hip surgery in late 2018 I wouldn't be surprised if that is what is being monitored.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back