Player Watch #24: Tom Powell - oink oink - signed thru '24 - 4th in AFL best first yr player / NM best 1st yr player @ SBM

Remove this Banner Ad

Krakoueraddict

Senior List
May 8, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Someone posted a pic of his old man the other day and he looked an absolute keg. If Powell can push people away on top of all his other skills then hell be unstoppable as the clearance winner/2nd possession clearer of congestion. Stevo/Tarryn can just start running forward as soon as Powell has it in his mits and expect a handball to advantage.

Val Keating

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Young Tom is something like Tom Mitchell in his style of play but hopefully he turns out more like Sam Mitchell in a creative /influence sense

Our boy has way more depth in his kicking. It gets overshadowed by his handballs but his kicking is good.

Having said that, both those blokes you mentioned are Brownlow medallist’s so wouldn’t be complaining either way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kangaroos4eva

Premium Platinum
Aug 22, 2012
QLD
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
West Ham United
I usually have to look down to see a vein that big.
You have veins?

4805850E-17B2-4C73-B5D8-C6B103FF6A33.gif

Makeshift Park

Team Captain
Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Calling it now… everyone’s excited about JHF, but it’ll take him a couple years to reach real greatness, and in the meantime 2022 is the year the greater viewing public gets blown away by The Powell.

jay317

Rookie
Apr 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Surprised he's put on that much already, will only enhance his play. Kid is going to be an absolute star. But I still laugh at the training reports in his first pre-season where everyone was saying he was very 'vanilla'. Turns out he's everything but, and boy am I glad.

r_boy

Premiership Player
Aug 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
asdf
I'm not saying anything new but I agree with everyone that this guy is insanely talented, can definitely win a brownlow.

I think the team would benefit from a Pendlebury-like role from Powell - midfield and a bit of half back. He's a weapon coming out of defence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad