Player Watch #24: Tom Powell - signed thru 2026 - 7th highest ranked player league-wide after 3 rds - avg. 27.7d & 7clearances p/g

Remove this Banner Ad

When I saw he'd racked up an average of 35 touches a game and only went pick 13 in a year where the most populous footy state didn't play...I expected him to be a bit of a pure ball pig who racks up touches through positioning.

I did not expect how ****ing clean he is. Looks just as comfortable inside as outside. Reckon he'll look like a steal in a few years time.

I'd pencil him in for round one as the high half forward/wing hybrid role that they had Bailey Scott playing last year. Throw in a few short stints on ball and he could have a very good year. The kid is a natural talent and could probably succeed at any position on the ground.

It's hard to talk about Rising Star betting in a year where Matt Rowell has already been handed the trophy, but $51 odds for a bloke who will likely play 22 games and average 15-20 touches is a pretty good deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t teach that sort of footy IQ.

I see a cross between Dal Santo and Sloane.

So balanced.

Dal Santo/Jackson Macrae.

He looks like that high possession balanced, inside/outside mid.

Should be good to pair with Phillips, LDU and Simpkin in time, can see him playing a fair bit off the wing in years 1-3.

Was of view earlier he's too light but stuff it, play him as much as possible.

Get him used to the speed of seniors, if he gets belted to crap for a few games, send him down to the two to rack up 50 touches for a few weeks and get a rest lol.

Should be good to pair with Phillips, LDU and Simpkin in time, can see him playing a fair bit off the wing in years 1-3.

Macrae is a very good comparison. Has time, runs to the right spots, accumulates like a pig

Oh, I like that Jack Macrae comp. I can see him developing into that type of player based on his early work.

He's tracking pretty well so far and looks like a player. It's going to be interesting to see how he develops over the next few years.

He'll develop in to a 30 disposal playmaker Frank.

Redford.Natural.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back