Player Watch #24: Tom Powell - signed thru 2026 - 7th highest ranked player league-wide after 3 rds - avg. 27.7d & 7clearances p/g

Remove this Banner Ad

There’s no need to be concerned about Tom Powell in the now, when its clear as daylights that if he stays at the club, no matter what the club does to try and even fu** up his development he is as natural as it comes as a footballer. He’s born and bred SA natural class with Cunnington tier handballing skills in his first year, when he’s in his prime he’s going to be an absolute beast.

I’m just glad he did whatever time he had to as a result of whatever the coaches wanted him to do, fitness, routines, game plan whatever, and he’s back in.
No, he'll never be a Cunnington. Too small. But what about one of my favourite players from way back, Collingwood's Scotty Russell?

This is my favourite.

The apologists justify him being dropped by saying he needs to find fitness and play in the 2’s. (Despite no evidence supporting this)

Comes back after three games in the 2’s…

Plays 67 percent game time… apologists say “being managed”…

People need to stop bending their arguments and performing mental gymnastics to justify how he is being treated and played. Their arguments aren’t even consistent to begin with.

Ffs go all Jack and Rose and wait in the Atlantic Ocean while Noble floats away but don’t be stupid and defend everything just for the sake of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

single blemish squibbed it once backing into a contest but made up for it within a minute with a laser pass into 50. some pretty tidy possies from very limited game time and capped it of with a sausage roll.

single blemish squibbed it once backing into a contest, but other than that some pretty tidy possies from very limited game time and capped it of with a sausage roll.
That dropped mark on the hbf?

This is my favourite.

The apologists justify him being dropped by saying he needs to find fitness and play in the 2’s. (Despite no evidence supporting this)

Comes back after three games in the 2’s…

Plays 67 percent game time… apologists say “being managed”…

People need to stop bending their arguments and performing mental gymnastics to justify how he is being treated and played. Their arguments aren’t even consistent to begin with.

Ffs go all Jack and Rose and wait in the Atlantic Ocean while Noble floats away but don’t be stupid and defend everything just for the sake of it.
You're quickly assuming the mantle of the most unpleasant person on this board; not everybody wants to hear about what a brilliant football brain you have

Game time talk aside for a moment, his vision and handballing has the potential to be Cunners-like.
Potential? - it was Cunners like 12 months ago.

People - including those picking the team - forgot how good Powell was in the first 6-8 games - he is second only to JHF in terms of new draftees to have an immediate impact over the past 20 years at the club.

He didn't do alot today but what he did had class written all over it.

For him to be languishing in the VFL while those in the firsts spudded it up week after week is on Noble and I still haven't heard a legitimate reason why it occurred.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back