Player Watch #24: Tom Powell - signed thru 2026 - 7th highest ranked player league-wide after 3 rds - avg. 27.7d & 7clearances p/g

Remove this Banner Ad

Our young kids need more cba and midfield time - every other club bloods them in there.
Serong, brayshaw , Walsh , cerra to name a few

All those guys had some big bodies who were carrying the load though. Greenwood and Anderson aren't Fyfe, Mundy or Cripps

Greenwood avg 3.6 clearances per game, 2.3 score involvements, 181.9m gained
Powell ave 2.5 clearances, 3 score involvements, 204.4m gained

Give Powell more game time in the middle and he will smoke those Greenwood numbers with ease.
Yep time to bite the bullet and put Tom in his best position. The more time his spends on ball the better he will be as a player.
Is also very creative with handball

Yep time to bite the bullet and put Tom in his best position. The more time his spends on ball the better he will be as a player.
Is also very creative with handball
It’s not as if we lose anything by swapping Powell with Greenwood. In fact we gain development for Powell.

Greenwood isn’t doing enough to justify being played predominantly as a mid.

Agree 100%. If he made us more competitive, it would make sense.

That hasn't happened, so may as well pump minutes into Powell until Cunnington is well enough to carry the mids again. 🤞

Yep, and if my memory serves me correct, I reckon Cunnington when he was developing benefited from being given more midfield minutes when Swallow, and to a lesser extent Ziebell, were out of the team for extended periods.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously what the fudge are we doing to this kid? 2 Centre bounce attendances for the game and he is left to rot on the half forward flank.

He isn’t a wingman and he isn’t a half forward flanker, if you aren’t going to play him in the middle (his most natural position) then allow him to play that position in the VFL where he can hone his craft. Meanwhile Greenwood gets 17 CBA’s and despite his 25 disposals has absolutely NO IMPACT on the game…

The kid’s confidence would be absolutely shot and that IMO rests purely on our development staff.

Seriously what the fudge are we doing to this kid? 2 Centre bounce attendances for the game and he is left to rot on the half forward flank.

He isn’t a wingman and he isn’t a half forward flanker, if you aren’t going to play him in the middle (his most natural position) then allow him to play that position in the VFL where he can hone his craft. Meanwhile Greenwood gets 17 CBA’s and despite his 25 disposals has absolutely NO IMPACT on the game…

The kid’s confidence would be absolutely shot and that IMO rests purely on our development staff.
Yeh but Simpkin and Greenwood etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back