Player Watch #24: Tom Powell - signed thru 2026 - 7th highest ranked player league-wide after 3 rds - avg. 27.7d & 7clearances p/g

Remove this Banner Ad

Keen to see what he accomplishes this offseason in regards to strength and fitness.

Hopefully will be the big improver in 2023.

He has talent. His year at AFL level though is cooked. Let him go and dominate some VFL footy. Get hungry for next year and show us the true Tom Powell. I was screaming for his opportunity but he has not been taking them. Will be awesome next year for us with another pre season.

Keen to see what he accomplishes this offseason in regards to strength and fitness.

Hopefully will be the big improver in 2023.

Yep. A clear run and he's fine. Needs a good coach though.

Isn't the first and won't be the last player to experience second year blues - particularly when you're playing for one of the worst teams ever statistically. Needs a clean run at it over the preseason to really build his fitness base.

63%, 65%, 73% TOG in his last 3 games and in half of his games at AFL level this year (8/16), he's registered less than 70% TOG. He missed the second half of last season with 'pubic overload', so I'm assuming we don't want that rearing its head.

Wasn't Tom also one that had some issues with Noble?

Last edited:
He has talent. His year at AFL level though is cooked. Let him go and dominate some VFL footy. Get hungry for next year and show us the true Tom Powell. I was screaming for his opportunity but he has not been taking them. Will be awesome next year for us with another pre season.
And why keep Greenwood in ahead of him? Whats the positive there?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Powell needs to hit the gym and get fitter or he will be left behind. Was shown up by the running power and size of the swans opponents today.

Is developing nicely, but still looks like a kid playing against men.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Well i watched a different game today.
I’m in agreement here with you Koshari. Love Powell and based on last year’s output the kid is clearly going to be a star.

Right now however we need to be honest with ourselves and just accept he needs a rest. No shame there. Still a baby in AFL terms. Hit the preseason early, build up strength, speed and fitness and he’ll be easy best 22 come 2023.

If his dad is anything to go by, he'll put some muscle on. If he could get Cunnington shaped it'd be very good for us

CHP_Export_88137022_Footballer-Matthew-Powell-l-puts-pressure-on-Shane-Bond-r-AFL-football-Adelaid-scaled.jpg

Ligma do you have an alert set up for any time someone posts the word "dad"? Where does Matthew rank on the dilf scale?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back