Player Watch #24: Tom Powell - 28 possies v Freo (career high) and signs a two year extension to end of 2026.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
"I think my size is something I need to work on...

I'm also trying to work on my kicking..

and structures, learning structures..."

I hope he's being modest and he's a hard worker who wants to improve. Otherwise we just blew a first rounder on a bloke who can't football!

“I’m small, I can’t kick and I’m a bit thick”

"I think my size is something I need to work on...

I'm also trying to work on my kicking..

and structures, learning structures..."

I hope he's being modest and he's a hard worker who wants to improve. Otherwise we just blew a first rounder on a bloke who can't football!
I agree.
I prefer those draftees who arrive at the club in the first few weeks and when asked what they need to work on say:
‘Nothing. I’m an 18 year old who hasn’t played an AFL game but is the perfect footballer in every way’.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
I agree.
I prefer those draftees who arrive at the club in the first few weeks and when asked what they need to work on say:
‘Nothing. I’m an 18 year old who hasn’t played an AFL game but is the perfect footballer in every way’.

Pretty much what The Duck said apparently.

Footywizard

All Australian
Sep 2, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There's not much vision of Tom powell getting around? Very small packages on you tube.
Hard to really get a good grasp on him as a supporter.

Pick 13 is a juice spot

I know possessions aren't everything but we haven't really had a ball pig (high possession) player for a long time.
Certainly something the new coaches want to bring into the club it seems.
Tom powell could be that man. There's plenty of ball pigs who aren't great by foot in the league...but you still need them in your mid mix.

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Okay.

Who's Drew Jones?

A FoxSports journo. This is off his LinkeIn:

I'm a reporter at Fox Sports News in Melbourne.

Along with my teammates in the Melbourne office, I help shape the AFL Tonight bulletin 5pm (7pm Fox Footy) Monday to Friday, while also producing content for the 24 news cycle.

I have been involved with the program since its inception at the start of the 2016 AFL season.

In 2017 I have made the transition to working as a video journalist. I now shoot, edit and produce all of my own content, travelling to Sydney and Adelaide during the AFL finals series and covering the Grand Final from the ground in Melbourne.

When time permits I’m a contributor for foxfooty.com.au, foxsports.com.au, the Herald Sun, and contribute to the weekly Fox Footy podcasts.

In the 2018 AFL season I have taken on a role as AFL reporter for the Fox Sports News program Full Time Live, which airs 10pm-12am Thurs-Saturday.

I have also started doing boundary riding for K Rock radio station at AFL games.

After completing the Diploma of Broadcast at WAAPA in WA, I was awarded the first ever Fox Sports News internship. I moved to Sydney in early 2014 and completed the three month internship, and stayed on at Fox as a freelance reporter until being promoted in January 2016, and subsequently moved to Melbourne.

I am passionate about all sports, and am building a career in news and broadcast.

Mjs94

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Don’t know who he is snake but he was quoting Aiden Corr in what must have been an interview. Presumably Corr was asked who of the draftees has impressed him.
And Jy liked the tweet, so obviously Tom is doing something right.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Elite reading of the play & elite hands = speed.

1614230018077.png

Back