Player Watch 24. Trent Croad-Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 24. Trent Croad

She's my baby: Croad
05 August 2007 Sunday Herald Sun
Rosanne Michie

TRENT Croad says his life changed the instant he laid eyes on his newborn daughter, Kiera.

0,1658,5596833,00.jpg
Daddy's girl: Trent Croad treasure his new role as father to three-week-old Kiera. Picture: Tim Carrafa
"She is my princess. I just adore her. It is the most unbelievable feeling -- I am besotted," the Hawthorn defender said.

Croad and wife Tanya are sharing the around-the-clock demands of three-week-old Kiera and are exhausted, but euphoric.

"Can you believe we made her? She is perfect," he said.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/foo...E19742,00.html

I took No 24 because of a long standing connection to this number...since 1954 in fact. Some great players have worn this number over those years. But I have not rated Croad as one of those, despite being named an AA.

My criticisms have been a lack of a football brain, an inability to take a contested mark and being a very ordinary disposer by foot, and giving away far too many soft free kicks in range of goal.

My assessment of Trent Croad in 2007 is that he has been a beauty down back for the Hawks. Solid, reliable, rarely beaten. Good decision making, mostly good disposal skills (it seems to me that this year he has layed off over shorter distances and is far, far more accurate and effective as a result.) He spoils very well and in doing so does not infringe much at all. He has also learned to spoil to advantage.

I don't know if a lot of this is due to the tuition Danny Frawley has given to the Backs, but if it is then well done Danny and Trent.

IMO 2007 saw a much less flashy player (except for a couple of grabs earlier in the season up forward and the spekky against Brisbane recently) but a much more settled, reliable and effective player.

Well done Trent, a great season from you.

Trent's great season saw him come 9th in the clubs best and fairest award for 2007.

Club awards
Best Clubman - Richie Vandenberg
Most Improved - Stephen Gilham
Best First Year Player - Xavier Ellis
Most Consistent - Brent Guerra
Leading Goalkicker - Lance Franklin
Most Votes in the Brownlow - Sam Mitchell

Peter Crimmins Medal voting – top ten
Brad Sewell - 173
Campbell Brown - 172
Luke Hodge - 161
Jordan Lewis - 154
Sam Mitchell - 137
Lance Franklin - 136
Brent Guerra - 136
Shane Crawford - 126
Trent Croad - 121
Rick Ladson - 116

Peter Crimmins Medal voting procedure
Votes for the 2007 Peter Crimmins Medal were awarded by the match committee, consisting of senior coach Alastair Clarkson and assistants Todd Viney, Damien Hardwick and Ross Smith after each home-and-away and finals match.

A maximum of 16 votes could be accumulated by a player after the four coaches’ voting cards were submitted using the following grading system:

- three votes to the best player or players

- two votes for a good game

- one vote to players who beat their opponents

On rare occasions a player or players may receive four votes for an exceptional game.

There is no restriction on the number of players who receive votes in a match.

Selection 11 has gone to HAWKS HEROES who gleefully picked up Mr.Product Trent Croad.

He has pushed Dermie away and promises us that he will show the Captain of the backline how its done.

BR:thumbsu:

For all of us Hawks desperadoes hanging out for ANY news on the Hawks in the off season, Croady was on SEN today talking to Mark Allen and the Ox (for Frasier fans, otherwise known as Carlos and the Chicken???).

He talked about being the second oldest at the club (must have forgotten about Stewie Dew) at the age of 27 and how exciting the young guys are.

Talked about having to play on Buddy every day at training and that in his view (when compared to Pavlich) that Buddy is a bigger talent due to his size and athleticism up and down the ground.

He was asked if he thought Mitch Thorp could take CHF this year and he said definitely.

He said Roughie did have a set back but would take another big step this season. Willo is in good nick and is in full training and still has all the tricks.

Junior Boy is not really being mentored by anyone in particular, but moreso by all the forwards.

Talked about doing his 11th full pre seasons in a row and that it is not getting any easier on the body but loving it all the same, and also touched on his pride in getting life membership at the AGM last year was a highlight.
thanks to
Rabbits-Too many Rabbits!
on MH as i only hears a little bit which included he was looking after Keira till 5pm and she had just been unwell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

poor guy injured his wrist dislocated might be out 6 to 7 weeks ? :(

hope he gets better when i saw him on the big screen knew something bad had happened .

HAWTHORN medical staff will monitor Trent Croad throughout the week after scans revealed the defender had dislocated his wrist, but escaped a fracture or break.Croad, 28, was taken by ambulance from the MCG to Melbourne's Epworth hospital after playing just four minutes of Sunday’s clash with Melbourne.
He fell heavily after botching a tackle on Melbourne skipper David Neitz and ran from the field cradling his left wrist, which he broke in 2006.
After the 104-point win over the Demons, coach Alastair Clarkson said the Hawks were “hoping for the best” with Croad.
"It mucked up our structure temporarily; we already had [Campbell] Brown out of the side with suspension, and then another bookend in Croady goes down,” Clarkson said.
"But Robert Campbell went back and did a pretty good job on Neitz throughout the course of the game, and he kept him pretty quiet."
Croad underwent surgery on the wrist back in 2006 and missed four games.
He finished ninth in the club's best and fairest last year after holding down centre half-back for a large part of his 20 games played.

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/tabid/4742/Default.aspx?newsid=57861

Mitchell to return, Croad a chance

Author: By Catherine Murphy 12:00 PM Mon 14 April, 2008

[HAWTHORN’S Shane Crawford says club skipper Sam Mitchell is likely to be back for the club’s round five clash against the Brisbane Lions next week after being a late withdrawal for Sunday’s match against Adelaide.

:thumbsu:Trent had a ripper of a game i thought .

he kept his man Cloke fairly quiet which was a great job

he did a rushed goal that was wrong called i reckon [re watched the game ] he did get a soft fist to it :thumbsu:

i love this guy heaps he tried to keep Buddy quite but hey did any one see that mark he took what a ripper back into the pack and nice grab .

got a ball after the game of the man too :thumbsu:

i was so busy giving it to Brian like Harris what ever he wants to call himself this week and defending Tim Clark that i did not notice Croady much bar when i gave him a fright with my yell of tora tora tora he turned around to see who it was

i know he was working hard

19Legends
ON MH
've also posted this on the match thread, but I was fortunate to meet Ross Smith & Damien Hardwicke this morning. Asked them if the fire alarm had gone off last night - fortuntely it had not so we have no excuses there. Then asked if Croad was out & Ross said yes & Murphy to replace him...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back