Delisted #25: Alex Morgan - Signed with North Melbourne as a DFA - 1/11/17 - delisted again - 25/10/18

Remove this Banner Ad

Clearly he has had his troubles with injury this year but in the 4 or 5 games I've seen him play there has been virtually no display of the qualities we drafted him for.

Not suggesting that this was a mistake or that it can't come good but he has looked a shadow of an AFL player.

He is in trouble if he can't get his run back.

Morgan, Nyuon, Eades and Wallis to a lesser extent are struggling at VFL level - Though Long has stepped up in 2016.

Wallis has been ok in his first year. Had a few injuries that have set him back a little.

I concur with others, he had a disappointing year, injuries aside. He needs a huge preseason and get more involved in gameplay next season.

Having seen a few of his games this year, he's pretty clearly playing with close to zero confidence in his body.

For what seemed like the first time since the NAB challenge, he had a couple of runs today at least, but is still playing everything pretty safe. Had an opportunity on the wing to take the ball and go in the third quarter, hesitated about whether he should sell candy or not, sort of half-tried to but then pulled out and passed the ball off. I will say though that I'm disappointed we didn't have him kick out every now and then today. Seems like it would be an easy way to get him involved in the game and gain confidence.

Get him fit over the offseason and challenge him to start taking the game on again = profit.

The one thing I will say that Morgan certainly has in his favour is that his skills are good, and his decision making is very good.

Tends to err very much on the side of caution at present, but if he's someone we're going to be funnelling the ball to off a back flank and expect him to pick a pass through a zone I think he's well capable of doing it.

As has been said he certainly looks like a kid bereft of confidence, but I'm happy enough with the raw tools, especially given how poor some of decision making and execution of just basic s**t has been at times in both the VFL and the AFL. Reckon he could be a steadying influence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like he will end up with Dalgleishs fate but at greater draft pick cost.

Maybe that's trick with fast runners, can have all the speed in the world but needs to be coupled with confidence or you'll never use it.

Maybe that's trick with fast runners, can have all the speed in the world but needs to be coupled with confidence or you'll never use it.
still early days compared to dalgleish and has better skills IMO

I think Morgan's confidence issues are not skill-related, they're body related. He doesn't seem to have the confidence to open all the cylinders due to injuries.

Both awesome posts TheFrenchCut Zach Package

One play in the third by Morgan stood out for mine. He received the ball on the far wing as a result of a switch. A Footscray player was running towards him, ready to smother the kick. It was an simple instep for Morgan to take to turn the doggies player inside-out, yet he elected to kick it long instead. Even though he hit his target, at full confidence he would've evaded the doggies player and sped through the corridor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back