Delisted #25: Alex Morgan - Signed with North Melbourne as a DFA - 1/11/17 - delisted again - 25/10/18

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been one of his supporters and I totally would leave too in his situation.

But this is one of the stronger cases as to why highlights packages are misleading.

What they don't mention is that is every possession he got for the year in the vid.

The AFL website article seems to suggest that Morgan will plug into Mullet’s spot in the seniors.

Surely not
No, Macmillan, Wright and Josh and Marley Williams are well ahead of Morgan. Morgan is a free swing for north.

He's probably got more upside than whoever is available at 48 so I'd have preferred we hang onto him but whatever. Hopefully he can have a good career at Norf.

Cold Sober

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man U .White Sox;Storm,Victory
Hang on to Baggers, [good servant but time is up] , then let a talented youngster go.
I fail to see 'invest in the future' with his departure.

Poor kid has suffered a double whammy, off one list and onto North's! **** the inhumanity!

https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F621487%2F7fb457bc-0d1c-41f9-be7d-be3ed65ae82f.gif

I wonder how long he'll sit in the foyer when he first arrives waiting to be shown around before it dawns on him that he is in the actual main gym.

No, Macmillan, Wright and Josh and Marley Williams are well ahead of Morgan. Morgan is a free swing for north.

I'd definitely put him behind Hibberd and Vickers-Willis as well unless the plan is to use them further afield. He's a long way off.

Unless the bar to trigger a 2nd year is stupidly low it's a no harm no foul one year punt on your part, as it would have been for us if we kept him, so yeah...enjoy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hang on to Baggers, [good servant but time is up] , then let a talented youngster go.
I fail to see 'invest in the future' with his departure.
Yep 100% we should have delisted our best 22 lockdown small defender for an injury prone below average half back, because he's younger.

You want invest in future? Look at bringing in Saad, Stringer and Smith. Look at Pidge.

I wonder how long he'll sit in the foyer when he first arrives waiting to be shown around before it dawns on him that he is in the actual main gym.

*er.

Giggled in the office, now I have to explain why the KPI sheet I'm looking at is so funny.

foj1

Cancelled
Oct 25, 2005
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
essendon
Poor draft pick at the end of the day.
Balic or bonner would have been better but that happens.
Need Francis to come good!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back