Delisted #25: Alex Morgan - Signed with North Melbourne as a DFA - 1/11/17 - delisted again - 25/10/18

Remove this Banner Ad

Really thought Morgan would turn out to be a handy player and one of need when we picked him up. One of the more impressive highlight reels when he was drafted.
He's been very disappointing to date however I would re-rookie him.

Always hamstrung is Alex Morgan, a bit unlucky, can play, is quick, but coming from a fair way back now, mcgrath, conor mckenna, gleeson, ambrose, hurley, kelly, hartley all gone past him or well ahead him in the pecking order in the backline, so cant see how he fits in there or anywhere else atm, best he can hope for is re-rookie, same with jaxon merrett, sorry miss jaxon no spot for spectators on the list

The one thing that always perks my interest about Morgan when I see him is he makes damn good decisions with the ball, better than some in our 1's at times. But everything else has been pretty disastrous deal.

Beyond an out of the box 2 year extension I won't lose any sleep no matter what we do with him, I didn't agree with the pick at the time but them's the breaks.

The one thing that always perks my interest about Morgan when I see him is he makes damn good decisions with the ball, better than some in our 1's at times. But everything else has been pretty disastrous deal.

Beyond an out of the box 2 year extension I won't lose any sleep no matter what we do with him, I didn't agree with the pick at the time but them's the breaks.
Agree about the pick gone wrong I didnt agree at the time either , Dudoro picked morgan over ryan clarke who will be a gun, same last year ridley over josh battle who will also be a star, always manages to pull out a dud pick or 2 from left field when everyone else ( particulary Emma Quayle who I rate highly as a draft expert) advises otherwise.Who will ever forget missing J selwood, C Rioli and P Dangerfield when we had high draft picks and absolutely butchered them for the likes of Gumbleton and co, set the club back a decade..we would be 18-19 premierships and counting with that silk had we got it right!

Dudoro picked morgan over ryan clarke who will be a gun, same last year ridley over josh battle who will also be a star, always manages to pull out a dud pick or 2 from left field when everyone else ( particulary Emma Qualyle who I rate highly as a draft expert) advises otherwise.
I rate our list!

Dudoro picked morgan over ryan clarke who will be a gun, same last year ridley over josh battle who will also be a star, always manages to pull out a dud pick or 2 from left field when everyone else ( particulary Emma Qualyle who I rate highly as a draft expert) advises otherwise.

Clarke...meh, potentially not even the best Clarke, I wanted Tom Cole. As far as Ridley goes if he's in direct competition with Battle (which he shouldn't be because battle went a good 25 picks later) then he's smashing him, I'm already convinced Ridley makes it, he's looked that good.

Oh this is going to go well...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree about the pick gone wrong I didnt agree at the time either , Dudoro picked morgan over ryan clarke who will be a gun, same last year ridley over josh battle who will also be a star, always manages to pull out a dud pick or 2 from left field when everyone else ( particulary Emma Quayle who I rate highly as a draft expert) advises otherwise.Who will ever forget missing J selwood, C Rioli and P Dangerfield when we had high draft picks and absolutely butchered them for the likes of Gumbleton and co, set the club back a decade..we would be 18-19 premierships and counting with that silk had we got it right!
I think that's a bit rough. Gumby could have been anything if his body held up - could have been the forward we needed post Lucas. Selwood was coming off a couple of bad injuries and only Hawthorne really rated Rioli that high - still would have been a first rounder but not that high.

Drafting in hindsight is 2020 but I can remember watching a lot of TAC footy in 2006 and thought we hit it out of the park with Gumby, Houli, Froggy, & Jetta - many people, did however things didn't pan out that way however there is no guarantee the players would have turned into the same players they are now. Rioli was drafted into a emerging strong side (flag in his second year) but may have received much more attention if he was in our forward line.

I think that's a bit rough. Gumby could have been anything if his body held up - could have been the forward we needed post Lucas. Selwood was coming off a couple of bad injuries and only Hawthorne really rated Rioli that high - still would have been a first rounder but not that high.

Drafting in hindsight is 2020 but I can remember watching a lot of TAC footy in 2006 and thought we hit it out of the park with Gumby, Houli, Froggy, & Jetta - many people, did however things didn't pan out that way however there is no guarantee the players would have turned into the same players they are now. Rioli was drafted into a emerging strong side (flag in his second year) but may have received much more attention if he was in our forward line.
With all due respect to your comments I choose to rely on draft experts Emma Qualyles and Kevin "Shifter" Sheehan recommends AT THE TIME for all the above mentioned draftees check out her PRE DRAFT , draft eve tips and record for each of those years ...We are not talking about hindsight at all here .

With all due respect to your comments I choose to rely on draft experts Emma Qualyles and Kevin "Shifter" Sheehan recommends AT THE TIME for all the above mentioned draftees check out her PRE DRAFT , draft eve tips and record for each of those years ...We are not talking about hindsight at all here .
Are you suggesting that Emma Quayle never gets it wrong?

Are you suggesting that Emma Quayle never gets it wrong?
No not at all, but her track record over a very long time is ENVIABLE and work ethic and diligence is outstanding , check out her record over the last 10-15 years say . I will choose to be guided the facts and her record and expertise in this case , Cal Twoomey not bad either rate these 2 very highly together with the doyen shifter , its always a joy to read their extremely well researched and well informed analyses leading up to the draft, the time and effort they must put in is remarkable and it shows.

When I saw him play last year and he couldn't execute a park standard handball I was staggered. Irish and American recruits have better skills and feel for the game.

Not sure what anyone saw in the kid but he looks nowhere near it.

Well they both said Gumbleton was the best tall in his draft and a top 3 player, along with every other expert in the land, so it's not like Essendon was alone there.

Emma has a good strike rate, but she also drops the bundle quite often too, thing is as a journo she would never come under the blowtorch because of it unlike recruiters. She's had plenty of terrible calls; in 2007 she missed the Selwood boat while pumping up Cale Morton, had Chris Yarran as the #2 pick from the 2008 draft, above Naitanui, Hurley, Beams, etc, while in 2009 she completely missed Fyfe and Gunston. So you actually are talking hindsight here champ, just let it go.

Always hamstrung is Alex Morgan, a bit unlucky, can play, is quick, but coming from a fair way back now, mcgrath, conor mckenna, gleeson, ambrose, hurley, kelly, hartley all gone past him or well ahead him in the pecking order in the backline, so cant see how he fits in there or anywhere else atm, best he can hope for is re-rookie, same with jaxon merrett, sorry miss jaxon no spot for spectators on the list
Really it's only McGrath, McKenna and maybe Gleeson that are in any way comparable to him. Kelly is only going to be around for one more year tops and Ambrose, Hurley and Hartley are KPPs so play a completely different role to Morgan.

If McGrath is going to spend more time in the midfield we probably need a rebounding small defender like Morgan and if we can't find a likely type in the draft it may well be worthwhile giving him an extra year to try and find his feet.

When I saw him play last year and he couldn't execute a park standard handball I was staggered. Irish and American recruits have better skills and feel for the game.

Not sure what anyone saw in the kid but he looks nowhere near it.
Lol his skills are excellent.

At this stage I agree he will be lucky to be on the list next season. Will be a decent chance of being rookied though as.

When he gets the ball he is an excellent decision maker and user of the ball but the problem is he doesn't get enough if it.

He has improved heaps in his one on one defending so perhaps he could be tried in the same role as Bags. That way his role is to just stop his opponent and if he only gets it 10-15 times he is doing well.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back