Delisted #25: Alex Morgan - Signed with North Melbourne as a DFA - 1/11/17 - delisted again - 25/10/18

Remove this Banner Ad

Bonner, Balic, Mathieson, Clarke, Hardwick & Hibberd

This was my wishlist for our 2nd rd.
Any 2 of those.

:(
I would have been happy with Bonner and Redman

Dodoro and his weird, second round picks that makes everyone cringe.
Steinberg and Morgan are the two where everyone wondered what he was doing.
If we had Parker and Mathieson, like most people wanted, we'd be in premiership contention.

Now we get nothing for him either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we had Parker and Mathieson, like most people wanted, we'd be in premiership contention.

Zaka, Carlisle, Z Merrett turned out okay ;)
There must have been a clear 'go home' factor for Bonner to have slipped that far. Was a standout player in the champs that year for SA
He was an Essendon fan and said he wanted to be drafted by us

Could say the same without him aswell. Could have also gotten Sam Menegola, Tom Papley, Tom Phillips or Riley Bonner. Honestly wasn't a great amount of high end talent after the Morgan pick so its not so bad at this stage.

Zaka, Carlisle, Z Merrett turned out okay ;)

None of those were weird reaches when needs could have been addressed. I was wanting us to take Merrett and Zaharakis so badly. I wanted Aaron Black with the Carlisle pick, haha.

I can see North's strategy now...pretend to go for Kelly and Dusty whilst the real target was Morgan! Cunning.
Our plan is as cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University.

Those crafty bastards!
Oppressed-monty-python-and-the-holy-grail-591149_1008_566.jpg

Those crafty peasants you mean?;)

Could say the same without him aswell. Could have also gotten Sam Menegola, Tom Papley, Tom Phillips or Riley Bonner. Honestly wasn't a great amount of high end talent after the Morgan pick so its not so bad at this stage.
Not high end, but Bonner, Clarke, Hardwick & Hibberd looked like very solid 2nd rd pickups

Morgan was a bit of a reach at that stage.

It was a good draft for us though
Parish, Francis, Tippa, Hartley, Brown
was happy with Nyuon at the time too. That was a shame.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back