Delisted #25: Alex Morgan - Signed with North Melbourne as a DFA - 1/11/17 - delisted again - 25/10/18

Remove this Banner Ad

My issue with this selection was that Riley Bonner was available and is clearly better than Morgan
Both most likely end up playing the same number of senior games this year, zero.
Bonner has the potential to be a better player but until Port Adelaide actually play him we won't know.

My issue with this selection was that Riley Bonner was available and is clearly better than Morgan
There really wasn't much in it, I had Bonner one spot higher in my personal rankings. Both excellent, penetrating kicks off either foot. Both athletic, whilst Bonner had height on Morgan, the latter was quicker and had a better vertical leap. Both had their own injury struggles, with Morgan's more concerning. Bonner exclusively an outside player, whilst Morgan capable of winning his own ball on occasion. Both poor at defending, especially 1 one 1 and had some doubts on their overall 'toughness'. It wasn't an obvious choice as one might suggest, the real miss was Mathieson.

There really wasn't much in it, I had Bonner one spot higher in my personal rankings. Both excellent, penetrating kicks off either foot. Both athletic, whilst Bonner had height on Morgan, the latter was quicker and had a better vertical leap. Both had their own injury struggles, with Morgan's more concerning. Bonner exclusively an outside player, whilst Morgan capable of winning his own ball on occasion. Both poor at defending, especially 1 one 1 and had some doubts on their overall 'toughness'. It wasn't an obvious choice as one might suggest, the real miss was Mathieson.

But Bonner did BFEAAK

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be delisted. Glad that he played well today, but it's been far too rare of a sight.

He might juuuust hold on if we lose McKenna :(

Not my type.

I don't rate him. Not hard enough for mine.
It takes all sorts. I haven't rated him either but if he becomes the player we all hoped he would be when he was drafted it could only be seen as good thing. Today was the first time I have watched him and thought that he might actually be ok. We could do with a couple more bigger mids capable of winning the hard football and we need a couple of small/ medium sized creative back flankers to help out Bags and free up McGrath.

It takes all sorts. I haven't rated him either but if he becomes the player we all hoped he would be when he was drafted it could only be seen as good thing. Today was the first time I have watched him and thought that he might actually be ok. We could do with a couple more bigger mids capable of winning the hard football and we need a couple of small/ medium sized creative back flankers to help out Bags and free up McGrath.
Yeah, I agree with that.

I go most weeks and today probably was his best game but I still didn't think it was that good.

In VFL you are afforded far more space and freedom to break lines and Morgan rarely does it.

If he were to make it it would be as a small lock down defender like Bags but Morgan is terrible overhead and lacks courage.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't see him making it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back