Delisted #25: Alex Morgan - Signed with North Melbourne as a DFA - 1/11/17 - delisted again - 25/10/18

Remove this Banner Ad

There is a work/life balance thing and if you overdo something you burn out and lose interest if you don't balance that out with some fun. Weitering has trained, trained, studied footy, trained, played footy, studied footy and played footy some more.

As a teenager that played basketball for school twice a week, club basketball once a week, representative basketball for Vic and Australia along with all the training whilst also watching a lot of basketball I was sick of it by my early 20s and following some injuries stopped playing altogether.

It's one thing now I tell my brothers and friends to keep an eye on their boys that they don't overdo it and burn out. My nephew is in the Swans academy and he's having a light summer for a change (no formal sports - just surfing and swimming for a break from it all). Weitering just looks like a kid that has never been to parties, never had a drink and won't get into the banter of a footy club. I see some concerns there.

There was a documentary about an NFL player - son of a former Oakland Raider. His father trained him from day dot to be a quarterback like a robot. He trained basically every day and was a great college player and was taken in NFL. By this time though he was burnt out and got he big money - he went off the rails and became a massive junkie. 'Twas a shame as he had real talent but lost the desire.
If he is completely antisocial, then maybe. But if he isn't into the party/drinking lifestyle while engaging in some activities outside of footy, then that's a good thing. It helps him stay focused.

Balance is important, but nothing suggests to me that there is no balance in his lifestyle.

To me, I see a well spoken and professional teenager that prefers not to engage in social activities that can contribute to antisocial behaviour.

If he is completely antisocial, then maybe. But if he isn't into the party/drinking lifestyle while engaging in some activities outside of footy, then that's a good thing. It helps him stay focused.

Balance is important, but nothing suggests to me that there is no balance in his lifestyle.

To me, I see a well spoken and professional teenager that prefers not to engage in social activities that can contribute to antisocial behaviour.
Fair assessment I think but can see both sides. I know he's the subject of much derision but cotchin's not really into the party scene and he's worked out ok, finals notwithstanding.

look at 1:08

Just watched this kid on Bomber TV and just thought of Mark Mercuri.

Also watching that video, how tough and hard nosed were the bombers with Johnson, dimma, Solomon, Barnard. Wonder how much that made a difference then and to what level that exists in the current team.

He did a photo shoot with Sports Illustrated recently showing off his exotic looks. I'm on my phone so I can't post a direct link but if you google image search ''Alex Morgan Sports Illustrated' it'll come up.

HDqh2W3.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The most interesting to me of our new draftees.

I remember seeing him play at the champs and thinking that he looked good as a small defender/flanker, but if we can turn him into a winger or midfielder as they seem to hope to, he'll be a very smart pickup. Kicks well off both feet, already quite strong, very quick and has very good skills in congestion. Only query I have on him in the middle is whether he'll be able to get enough off the ball to be as damaging as hoped.

Pleasantly surprised he's up and going this early given he arrived with some hamstring history which required careful management
He strained his hammy in September last year was it? ... and you're surprised he's ready to go in February?
Well I guess this is Essendon we're talking about, so fair enough then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back