Player Watch #25 Ben Ronke - future triple Coleman medallist

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The King!

Chosen One
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Cavs, Redsox, Patriots
I really think the small forward role is bloody hard. Few make it. The wondrous Eddie Betts just played his 300th. Expect he copped gobfuls for his performance in 200 of them. Being a small forward in a poor team is very hard.

especially hard when you aren't in the forward 50

AFL Club
Sydney
Went in to bat for him the other week to my hawks mate. I think he's still sour from those 7 goals, but dont let me down ronke

Doesnt need to kick bags, just apply 5 or so tackles a game, chase and harass

Weasely

Team Captain
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Orica Greenedge
What do we do with this guy?

He's playing like a spud, but spud's don't do what he did last year (except for
If it was just poor form (2nd year blues maybe) I could understand, but minimal tackling and forward pressure suggests his heart's not in it at the moment.

Contracted for next year, but may not be here for it. Unfortunately his trade value will be taking a hit also.

Mick Oxlong

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Sydney
He will end up delisted most likely but not everyone makes it

Hope he can get going as he has pace and goal smarts

If it was just poor form (2nd year blues maybe) I could understand, but minimal tackling and forward pressure suggests his heart's not in it at the moment.

Contracted for next year, but may not be here for it. Unfortunately his trade value will be taking a hit also.
At the end of next year, closed the book already?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TheMase

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans

It does happen. Adrian McAdam kicked 7 on debut and followed that up with 10 and 6 over the following two weeks. Kicked 68 goals in that 1993 season. Went on to only play 36 games across a couple of clubs.

Let’s hope Ronke can turn it around.

MF

Good Poster, **** Bloke
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool, Ed Barlow
It does happen. Adrian McAdam kicked 7 on debut and followed that up with 10 and 6 over the following two weeks. Kicked 68 goals in that 1993 season. Went on to only play 36 games across a couple of clubs.

Let’s hope Ronke can turn it around.
Yeah unfortunately there's a lot of examples.. Jurica and Polo from the tigers also come to mind.

caesar88

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Sydney
I'm not too concerned about Ronke tbh. Yes he's way off it and I don't think he should be playing senior footy any time soon, but more importantly for him I think the majority of the year in the NEAFL is what he needs. I said it a few months ago that he really needs to just go back to square one. Needs to think of himself as just another first or second year player plying their trade in the reserves, not a former best 22 member who kicked bags of 7 and 5. That is so far in the rearview mirror now that trying to replicate whatever he was doing then just won't work for him now.

Mick Oxlong

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Sydney
Did you watch the game?
Yep. He kicked 3 goals and I couldn’t care how many possessions he got. Just a number. He’s not worthy of 1’s right now, I know that, but he performed his role. People get carried away with this ‘must kick 5 or must kick 7’ or ‘must have 5 tackles’ ********. If you do your job, you’ve done you’re job!

Bloodied52

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Sydney
Yep. He kicked 3 goals and I couldn’t care how many possessions he got. Just a number. He’s not worthy of 1’s right now, I know that, but he performed his role. People get carried away with this ‘must kick 5 or must kick 7’ or ‘must have 5 tackles’ ********. If you do your job, you’ve done you’re job!
Thought he looked better playing the mids in Q3, but agree he is not close to selection in the 1s.

BloodRet

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Norwich City, Detroit Pistons
The guy is low on confidence. What we saw against Hawthorn should eliminate any desire to even consider trading him, he has a lot of talent when his heart is in it. Not playing with as much fire in the belly after he played a few games, hope he can get back to that early form. He could turn out like me in my playing days for my junior club. 6 goals on debut, 5 goals in my last game in the GF, **** all in between. It happens.

Top Bottom