Past Ben Ronke - delisted 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

OeqIVxNL.png

Ben Ronke

Player Profile

Ben Ronke is an exciting Sydney Swans small forward who announced himself to the AFL world when he booted seven goals against Hawthorn in Round 8, 2018 in just his third senior match. The youngster’s MCG blitz saw him become the youngest Swan since 1982 to kick seven goals in a game – and he won an AFL Rising Star nomination in the process. Ronke slotted 24 goals in 2018 but just nine last year, so the Calder Cannons product is determined to recapture dangerous form in 2020.

Ben Ronke

DOB: 18 December 1997
DEBUT: 2019
DRAFT: 2016
RECRUITED FROM: St Bernard's (Vic)/Calder U18

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please don't

Bwahaha - hadn't seen the clowns in yellow before. A cult? But none of that was Aikido - you seriously wouldn't be able to land a meaningful blow on one of the guys in the first video. I tried it a bit in Japan - the power some tiny humans managed to throw my Melican size about....:eek: It's mainly based on avoidance and redirecting the energy of the attacker's force - something that might go ok in AFL I reckon. Ronke's effort when giving off the handball (vid above somewhere) reminded me of it.
In rugby league teams started learning judo I think it was to roll players in the tackle (delay tactic) - I think Melbourne Storm especially - and they won 3 flags using it.
If nothing else good for flexibility and a lot more useful than yoga. :D
Then of course if Ronke is ever on a warship that is over run with terrorists....

Like how the kid successfully managed his instinctive reaction to being touched by the odious Taylor. It was a bit like the baulks, sidesteps and feints he showed on the ground.

Whateley nearly blew a fuse the other night calling Ronke’s haul, only a few weeks after the kid helped beat his Cats. Always thought he’s one of the best in the business despite working alongside Winnie Blue-Breath.

Whately is simply the Nerdling (see 4th Estate Slobbo thread) to the incomparable Chiko-Slobbarian.

Wearing his full to the overflow diaper of stiched up kebab wrappers, Slobbo will blame the replacement of the Hird for the Dopers non recruitment of Honky Tonk.

Whately is simply the Nerdling (see 4th Estate Slobbo thread) to the incomparable Chiko-Slobbarian.

Wearing his full to the overflow diaper of stiched up kebab wrappers, Slobbo will blame the replacement of the Hird for the Dopers non recruitment of Honky Tonk.

Whateley is no different to Robbo. Agenda. Agenda. Agenda.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rewatching the game, Ronke should have had 8 goals. On top of the goal square he tackles Sicily in the second quarter who misses the ball. Unbelievable performance, don't think he'll ever match it but I hope he does

I agree, I don't think conditions will ever be so conducive to such an effort, windy night, flying under the radar, teamamates totally switched on, but who knows, with Buddy and Reid to feed off he could do even better.

The double act on AFL360 is wearing thin. Robinson still sounds like a drunk imbecile, despite the fact he clearly is, certainly border line illiterate. I used to watch it for Whately, but even he's losing the edge. The formula is just a bit dry and stale and... well it just sucks now.

They're called the odd couple, but really you have the boring nerd next to the loud, incoherent drunk.

Looking at the replay of the 6th goal, I think it is Frawley who actually dives to cover the faked handball but finds himself launching into thin air, meanwhile Ronke has gone the other way and is kicking it through the sticks. Pretty funny actually the more times I watch it.
Frawley had an absolute shocker, he’s a spud.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back