Past Ben Ronke - delisted 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

OeqIVxNL.png

Ben Ronke

Player Profile

Ben Ronke is an exciting Sydney Swans small forward who announced himself to the AFL world when he booted seven goals against Hawthorn in Round 8, 2018 in just his third senior match. The youngster’s MCG blitz saw him become the youngest Swan since 1982 to kick seven goals in a game – and he won an AFL Rising Star nomination in the process. Ronke slotted 24 goals in 2018 but just nine last year, so the Calder Cannons product is determined to recapture dangerous form in 2020.

Ben Ronke

DOB: 18 December 1997
DEBUT: 2019
DRAFT: 2016
RECRUITED FROM: St Bernard's (Vic)/Calder U18

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are the rest of BF going to do now? From what I read, he was the cherry on top in all trade deals.

Haha, realistically great news. He deserves the contract with his progression.
Because he's young and the only player on our list that anyone in Vic knows other than Buddy.

Hopefully it triggers a few other signings.
At least we know they are working on these things behind the scenes. I won't just be Ronke, there will be others.

Saying that theres not many others left out of contract this year that would really bother me if they left.

Llloyd scares me. Very useful to our system

Is a good consistent player. I like him and hope he stays but he's not irreplaceable. Wouldn't be surprised if we lose him that we have a trade target in mind to replace him anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is a good consistent player. I like him and hope he stays but he's not irreplaceable. Wouldn't be surprised if we lose him that we have a trade target in mind to replace him anyway.

he's not irreplaceable and i think he will get better, as long as his pay demands are reasonable i think we should do what we can to retain him.

If he goes you have to replace him. I don't see anyone right now capable on the list or in the next 2 to match his current consistent output and not leave us short somewhere else. To get someone else in they'd have to be on equal or more pay than what he's after to be deemed a replacement or upgrade and reason for them to leave their own situation. I'd rather retain him and plug an actual hole elsewhere.

Last edited:
Well that's it he not irreplaceable and i think he will get better, as long as his pay demands are reasonable i think we should do what we can to retain him.

If he goes you have to replace him. I don't see anyone right now capable on the list or in the next 2 to match his current consistent output and not leave us short somewhere else. To get someone else in they'd have to be on equal or more pay than what he's after to be deemed a replacement or upgrade and reason for them to leave their own situation. I'd rather retain him and plug an actual hole elsewhere.

True but what are his demands and are they excess to perceived value? At days end that is a huge part of list management- to pay at or below perceived value so that overall the list we have is better than others. Id like him to stay but not going to burst out crying if he goes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back