Past Ben Ronke - delisted 2022

OeqIVxNL.png

Ben Ronke

Player Profile

Ben Ronke is an exciting Sydney Swans small forward who announced himself to the AFL world when he booted seven goals against Hawthorn in Round 8, 2018 in just his third senior match. The youngster’s MCG blitz saw him become the youngest Swan since 1982 to kick seven goals in a game – and he won an AFL Rising Star nomination in the process. Ronke slotted 24 goals in 2018 but just nine last year, so the Calder Cannons product is determined to recapture dangerous form in 2020.

Ben Ronke

DOB: 18 December 1997
DEBUT: 2019
DRAFT: 2016
RECRUITED FROM: St Bernard's (Vic)/Calder U18

Last edited:
In just his 11th game, Ben Ronke now has as many 5 goal hauls in his career as Sam Reid, who aside from Buddy, is the only other active player on our current list to have multiple 5 goal hauls.

Quite the amazing start to his career.

To be honest I don't know how we looked over him so many times as well. I mean the Swans had to of picked at least 3 or 4 players before Ronke.
Picked Florent, Hayward, Maibaum, Cameron in the national draft before we picked Ronke.

His season has been truly stunning. I don't get how he manages to to be in the right place so consistently and convert so brilliantly and make the right decisions so reliably and chase/tackle/pressure so passionately, but I'm so glad we have him.
It's called footy smarts and not every player has it. Ronke has it in spades, looking like a top 5 pick at a junkyard price - nice!

So you don’t think he’ll win the rising star?

Top 3-4 maybe. Hasn't played the whole year which will hurt. Who cares though, it's nice but it isn't a big deal. Stephenson will win it and that is 100% fine.

Picked Florent, Hayward, Maibaum, Cameron in the national draft before we picked Ronke.

To be fair I would still take Florent and Hayward over Ronke knowing what we know now.

Ronke is just so so quick. I was really annoyed when they didn't show the replay of his second (or third?) goal, because it was just amazing how quick his reaction was when he got the ball, and then how quickly he moved his body to a scoring position. I can't recall a first-year player whose had such a spectacular body of work after less than a dozen games. Scary to think what he could do if these sorts of games happened more consistently for him

To be fair I would still take Florent and Hayward over Ronke knowing what we know now.

Ronke is just so so quick. I was really annoyed when they didn't show the replay of his second (or third?) goal, because it was just amazing how quick his reaction was when he got the ball, and then how quickly he moved his body to a scoring position. I can't recall a first-year player whose had such a spectacular body of work after less than a dozen games. Scary to think what he could do if these sorts of games happened more consistently for him
Yep and picked up in the rookie draft - that just blows my mind!!!!

Back