Past Ben Ronke - delisted 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

OeqIVxNL.png

Ben Ronke

Player Profile

Ben Ronke is an exciting Sydney Swans small forward who announced himself to the AFL world when he booted seven goals against Hawthorn in Round 8, 2018 in just his third senior match. The youngster’s MCG blitz saw him become the youngest Swan since 1982 to kick seven goals in a game – and he won an AFL Rising Star nomination in the process. Ronke slotted 24 goals in 2018 but just nine last year, so the Calder Cannons product is determined to recapture dangerous form in 2020.

Ben Ronke

DOB: 18 December 1997
DEBUT: 2019
DRAFT: 2016
RECRUITED FROM: St Bernard's (Vic)/Calder U18

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t forget the 10 tackles!

Pretty sure he is the only player ever to get that many goals in a game and record 10 or more tackles. Can’t see many joining him on that list!

Was a freak performance that will make for a great trivia question.
I was there with a Hawthorn supporter. It was amazing

Ronke will go down in Swans folklore and our hearts for years. That 7 goal performance against the Hawks was something else. Unfortunate he never replicated that season, whether it be injury or something else.

Out of all the DFA I expect Ronke will get offered a contract somewhere else. I feel like the Bulldogs in particular will be knocking on his door, Carlton also need small forwards to kick goals. I wont be surprised when he gets another chance

Ronke will go down in Swans folklore and our hearts for years. That 7 goal performance against the Hawks was something else. Unfortunate he never replicated that season, whether it be injury or something else.

Out of all the DFA I expect Ronke will get offered a contract somewhere else. I feel like the Bulldogs in particular will be knocking on his door, Carlton also need small forwards to kick goals. I wont be surprised when he gets another chance
Agree and add GC to that list is well..

Reckon Ben will be running around with one of the non AFL aligned clubs in the VFL next year. Eg. Williamstown, Bullants....

Reckon Ben will be running around with one of the non AFL aligned clubs in the VFL next year. Eg. Williamstown, Bullants....

would like Port Melbourne to recruit him if he does not make an AFL list.

Sorry to see Ben go, but its hard to see a place for him going forward. Hope another club has a spot for him as he was a good servant for the Swans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't have thought so. I always liked Ben but I think we have far more urgent positions needing coverage mid season, mainly ruck and defence.
Surprised he never got a try as a small defender. Tbf, he did have good goal sense which would have been a waste

Remove this Banner Ad

Back