AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer - Contract year incoming

25 - stringer.jpg

Contract Status: Out of contract 2024

My Boy Draft 2024: Pick 19, Harlequin

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all, here's Jake Stringer's highlights reel for 2020 I put together.

Enjoy.

Thank you. So so much

Saw Jake running the other day, looked fitter/trimmer than I expected. Looking forward to seeing him out there next year.
Second hand info but I’ve been told the same. Looks to be in ripping nick at the moment.

hope so

Just tell him Christmas is cancelled this year to make him stay off the beers and turkey.
I mean turkey is totally fine, just not 14kg of it

Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
He was actually in ripping nick before he got his syndesmosis injury against Collingwood. He was top 5 in the Coleman at that point if i recall correctly.

Then all the deadbeat media pundits were saying he is unprofessional because he looked unfit and had gained weight around the midrift when he got back.

No ***t. He couldn't run for 8 weeks of a 17 week season and we rushed him back before he had a chance to get his conditioning back because we were desperate for someone who could kick a goal.

He was actually in ripping nick before he got his syndesmosis injury against Collingwood. He was top 5 in the Coleman at that point if i recall correctly.

Then all the deadbeat media pundits were saying he is unprofessional because he looked unfit and had gained weight around the midrift when he got back.

No ***t. He couldn't run for 8 weeks of a 17 week season and we rushed him back before he had a chance to get his conditioning back because we were desperate for someone who could kick a goal.
He was doing a solid amount of CBAs before he hurt his ankle too. Once he came back he didn't really go in the middle (also a conditioning thing).

Absolutely this, think many have been very harsh on him.

Jun 8, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon

No, you're wrong.

We he wasn't in ripping nick in the Collingwood game - that was the same game BT/Bruce called him out during the broadcast for being out-of-shape.

So he was out of shape before he did his ankle, and came back in even worse shape.

No, you're wrong.

We he wasn't in ripping nick in the Collingwood game - that was the same game BT/Bruce called him out during the broadcast for being out-of-shape.

So he was out of shape before he did his ankle, and came back in even worse shape.
That’s because Bruce is a dickhead. Stringer did it all that night, in the middle and up forward

katana

Club Legend
Jul 12, 2013
Northcote
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs

oh please. plenty of players get injured and come back looking like professional athletes. he is and was lazy, no point excusing it.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
No, you're wrong.

Didn’t play like he was out of shape.

Dec 14, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Reckon the hub was poison for some, great for others - we have seen it across the board, like Grundy had a poor year, hated the hub, STK seemed to revel in it. Maybe Jake despite the injury was never going to prosper in that environment, it seems (from afar) he really needs his kids, maybe they drive him to go the extra yard. Must have been hard to be away for so long

Reckon the hub was poison for some, great for others - we have seen it across the board, like Grundy had a poor year, hated the hub, STK seemed to revel in it. Maybe Jake despite the injury was never going to prosper in that environment, it seems (from afar) he really needs his kids, maybe they drive him to go the extra yard. Must have been hard to be away for so long

Id heard similar commentary about the NBA bubble (maybe NBA fans can clarify if true), younger teams performed better, less crowd big stage pressure, older guys struggled initially as they had their families etc.

Back