AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer

Remove this Banner Ad

Unlikely again this week

I expect Justin Crow's EFC Injury Report to be as follows tomorrow:
'It's really good news here as Jake has avoided any serious injury'.
'As a result, the amount of footy Jake will miss is much longer due to the pain being caused by the serious injury he avoided'.

'As a result, the amount of footy Jake will miss is much longer due to the pain being caused by the serious injury he avoided'.
please send flowers to EFC football club.

Next thing we hear it'll have turned into season ending OP

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hasn't even run yet since the incident. This isn't going to be a "week-by-week" situation, he'll be gone for a while.
Not "week by week", but "day-to-day" apparently. Small steps, but not a leap and no running.

I wonder if those puns were intended.

:drunk:

Star Essendon forward Jake Stringer has been ruled out of the club’s important clash with Greater Western Sydney at Marvel Stadium on Thursday.

Physical performance manager Justin Crow says the powerful Bomber has been progressing “slowly” and is yet to run since suffering the leg injury in the side’s victory over Hawthorn in round 13.

“Jake is making small steps, but not a big enough leap to start running again. We’re comfortable that he’s not going to get up for this week at this stage after seeing where he is today,” Crow said.

“We’re taking it day by day. Once he can tolerate enough load to hop properly and then run, he’ll do that and build up to play.

“The longer he misses, the longer it takes to build him up, so it’s a bit of a day-to-day proposition.

“He’s showing some signs of improving, but certainly not at a fast-enough rate to be available this week.”

“Jake’s back running, which is good news,” physical performance manager Justin Crow said.

“He’s missed a period of running, so we will be looking to see what he can do at training on Wednesday and then make a decision about his availability.”

Might be available this week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back