Player Watch #25: Jake Stringer - Knee injury, will not play this weekend - 19/6

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CBombers17

Club Legend
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
I reckon there would be a bit more hype about Jake, his consistency and some of his dynamic performances if we were a better side (and not Essendon).

The Donners

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Aston Villa
I don't think Walla will be as high because even though his good games have been really good, he's had 5 really bad games. Shiel, Heppell, Hurley, etc will poll better because they haven't had many really bad games.
I thought Walla had 2 bad games after ANZAC Day (everyone played bad round 1) and I put it down to what I thought was a cork he sustained.

Highly Evolved

Club Legend
Jul 4, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Was having a great season. I'm not at the game or anywhere near it. Is there any chance he is ok?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

daffo

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Not a bad outcome. I would expect they rest Shiel giving him two weeks to recover.

String missing one of those weeks with the bye will be helpful also.

We lost our last two b/f winners to season ending injuries during the week then 2 of our best 3 performed in the year during the game. It sucked but you can at least see the light at the end of the tunnel

Donakebab

Premium Platinum
May 18, 2009
Canberra
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Detroit Red Wings
Not a bad outcome. I would expect they rest Shiel giving him two weeks to recover.

String missing one of those weeks with the bye will be helpful also.

We lost our last two b/f winners to season ending injuries during the week then 2 of our best 3 performed in the year during the game. It sucked but you can at least see the light at the end of the tunnel
Nah that's just another car driving in the opposite direction, still plenty of tunnel to go.

Cold Sober

Premiership Player
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man U .White Sox;Storm,Victory
IMO the young blokes have looked at the effort Tippa and Stringer have put in from game 1 and thought give me a crack.
I posted very early that the only two blokes having a crack were the above two.

Vindicater

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
IMO the young blokes have looked at the effort Tippa and Stringer have put in from game 1 and thought give me a crack.
I posted very early that the only two blokes having a crack were the above two.
You are taking the piss if you think Hooker, Hurley, Redman and Saad have not been busting a gut each week.

Cold Sober

Premiership Player
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man U .White Sox;Storm,Victory
You are taking the piss if you think Hooker, Hurley, Redman and Saad have not been busting a gut each week.
No, I was more having a dip at the early knocking of Tippa and Stringer.

Stopher

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2012
Gippsland
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
He mentioned visiting the royal Children’s hospital around once a week working with Challenge for kids with cancer. Good for him for spending his spare time giving back to the community.
I was there in the cancer ward over Christmas and there was already a WEG-style poster of Jake on the wall, signed. Methinks he's been there more than once. Good on him.

Top Bottom