Last edited by a moderator:

Dons4days

Club Legend
Dec 1, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
New York Knicks, Dallas Cowboys
The club was pretty confident if they had him do his promo shots before he went overseas!

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Now we have him can we admit 25 and 30 was massive unders haha
If he gets back to his 2015 form, we will have screwed the Dogs over
If he hits his potential, it would take something spectacular to better the trade. It would be up there with Croad for Hodge or the offcuts for Lloyd/Lucas deals.

Can be a top 5 player in the comp.
Dusty without the don't argue.

Love this deal

Dec 18, 2007
Counting premiership cups
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Non that play Essendon
If he gets back to his 2015 form, we will have screwed the Dogs over
If he hits his potential, it would take something spectacular to better the trade. It would be up there with Croad for Hodge or the offcuts for Lloyd/Lucas deals.

Can be a top 5 player in the comp.
Dusty without the don't argue.

Love this deal

I think we should put aside his 2015 season and just hope he can produce good footy because if he can do that then we have got ourselves a very good attacking footballer that adds fire power to our now very strong looking forward half.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
I think we should put aside his 2015 season and just hope he can produce good footy because if he can do that then we have got ourselves a very good attacking footballer that adds fire power to our now very strong looking forward half.
I watched him a bit in 2016 after his 2015 AA spot
He was played as the only tall a lot of the time (and he's undersized for that), in a team whose midfield werent exactly elite with their disposal or inside 50s (noting it won them a flag, but it did Stringer few favours)
The north game @ etihad he was one out against Thomson, Tarrant and Firrito and starved of the ball.
This year, their entire team was off. I thought he was one of their better players when fit.

Pretty excited for what he can bring with some clean air and a team that delivers into its forward line fairly well.

Dec 18, 2007
Counting premiership cups
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Non that play Essendon
I watched him a bit in 2016 after his 2015 AA spot
He was played as the only tall a lot of the time (and he's undersized for that), in a team whose midfield werent exactly elite with their disposal or inside 50s (noting it won them a flag, but it did Stringer few favours)
The north game @ etihad he was one out against Thomson, Tarrant and Firrito and starved of the ball.
This year, their entire team was off. I thought he was one of their better players when fit.

Pretty excited for what he can bring with some clean air and a team that delivers into its forward line fairly well.

I have felt the same when it comes to Jake, he doesn't strike me as a dominate forward like say Joey is but instead is more of a mid sided forward that can kick the big goal wheres at Footscray he was their leading goal kicker for three seasons and if he kicks 66 goals over the next two seasons in our forward line then that will be a good return, he will now take the third or fourth best defender which I think will suit him and our forward structure plus he has shown he can burst out of the middle and kick a big goal from the middle.

AcuteWhistle

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
He looks sad or pissed off, not sure which.

To be fair to him, those would have been taken in the middle of all the shitstorm re his off field stuff so he probably wasn't in the greatest of headspaces. Either that or like myself, he doesnt have a photogenic bone in his body;)

Back