Last edited by a moderator:

brmi

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
One knock on him. Just one.

He tries taking on 3-4 players to score the hero goal when there's another option inside 50. He does that once or twice almost every game. Should look to pass when players are open.

Other than that, gun.
Ive noticed this has been happening a lot with Jakey for the bombers. Not sure why as he looks stronger now than he did with us, but strangely enough he would take on 3-4 tacklers when he played for us and would more often than not beat them all. Maybe a little lighter and a touch more pace? **** me I seriously miss this bloke running around in the Red White and Blue.

I think sometimes he beats them all. I guess that's why he does it. He takes the game on. I remember he used to drop his head when he took a knock at the dogs. Doesn't do that any more.

I liked his game tonight vs Freo. He was in the centre for most bounces (to negate Fyfe) then moved forward. Some credit to the coaches for coming up with something a bit different. I would like to see this again next week as another bigger body in the middle. His centre clearance work (4) helped a lot.

Old Stuckup

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chelsea, 76s, Stars
I liked his game tonight vs Freo. He was in the centre for most bounces (to negate Fyfe) then moved forward. Some credit to the coaches for coming up with something a bit different. I would like to see this again next week as another bigger body in the middle. His centre clearance work (4) helped a lot.
Send him to Dusty next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Towno78

Premiership Player
Nov 6, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Why has he not be in more centre bounces this year? Beast mode enabled, lets keep it that way.

fairbump_playon

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
There was a stage in the third I think where he clunked two contested marks in a row. OMG he’d be the best player in the comp if marked the ball consistently. And kicked his easy set shots.

JayDon

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2013
Home
AFL Club
Essendon
Only a matter of time.
Explosive game sometime soon where he destroys the opposition with goals and disposals!?

Apr 26, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Aston Villa
If he could play in the middle 70%-80% of his playing time we’d win a few more than we lost that’s for certain. As has been said, he is an absolute beast. We really need mongrel in the middle and I’d love nothing more than Stringer to be that but it may be more fantasy than reality.

JayDon

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2013
Home
AFL Club
Essendon
Line in the sand game?
Can someone bring the Calthorpe/Denham approach? Take it to Dusty!
Have a few weeks off, stay fit and you're straight back in.
Set a culture of hatred.
Maybe we take that week to week and teams start to worry about their welfare when playing us?
Remember 2000?

Back