AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer - Contract year incoming

25 - stringer.jpg

Contract Status: Out of contract 2024

My Boy Draft 2024: Pick 19, Harlequin

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that's totally justified then. I'm actually amazed Guelfi is still on the list.

Disrespecting the bucket is a bootable offence

Good on Guelfi for sticking up for himself against more experienced player. Still love the guy for throwing that little Buckley rodent against GWS, when rodent head butted him

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Good on Guelfi for sticking up for himself against more experienced player. Still love the guy for throwing that little Buckley rodent against GWS, when rodent head butted him

He really is a rodent isn't he. I enjoyed how Guelfi just dismissed him, not even worth the time of day.

Apr 6, 2008
coburg
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Australian cricket team
Even is Joey takes a while to come back and get into stride a forward line of:

2018 version of Smack playing as FF;
2017 Stewart playing as CHF;
Tippa, Fantasy and Baguely as small forwards;
Super fit versions of Jake, Langers and Laverde rotating through the middle and as third forwards (sometimes more than one playing there as other forwards rest on the bench);
Parish, McGrath, Smith and Zaka rotating through there for small minutes (especially if Tippa and Fantasia have runs on the ball/wing)

Is an excellent forward line. It also gives us a lot of flexibility with who makes way for Joey (and what role he plays when he's back).

Stringer being in such great shape and Laverde finally completing a whole preseason give us that flexibility. That means we have more size in the midfield AND 3rd/4th tall forwards that add enough mobility that we can play all of Daniher, McKernan and Stewart. Especially if we get the volume running of Stewart in 2017.

Essendon has so much quality in genuine talls and smalls at either end of the ground. They have so many classy small mids too. Where Essendon needs to make the most progress is the impact on game by solid body 190cm+ guys. Stringer, Laverde, Langford and Francis, as well as the very young ones coming through.

Back