AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer - Dead-eye

Remove this Banner Ad

Can confirm he was there last week. My son snagged a photo after treatment.
Your photo made me smile.

I was lurking to see if any posters had the inside on his hamstring recovery but by happy accident found out about the other work he has been doing for kids with cancer.

It’s a great photo. I’m really glad your boy is doing well. He looks like a natural champion. I also really hope you are holding okay. It’s no joke watching your child struggling with illness, so I hope you get a moment to pat yourself on the back for being superhuman. I look forward to you being able to treat yourself and family to a really carefree break some time soon because it is well earned.

Your photo made me smile.

I was lurking to see if any posters had the inside on his hamstring recovery but by happy accident found out about the other work he has been doing for kids with cancer.

It’s a great photo. I’m really glad your boy is doing well. He looks like a natural champion. I also really hope you are holding okay. It’s no joke watching your child struggling with illness, so I hope you get a moment to pat yourself on the back for being superhuman. I look forward to you being able to treat yourself and family to a really carefree break some time soon because it is well earned.
Thanks for the kind words! Plan is a Disneyland trip once he's done. He doesn't know that yet though lol. He'll be running out on the field against North Melb in the challenge game in a month or so. He's super excited to do that again 👍💪

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great news. Rest him up for the GWS clash the week after. No need to try to rush him back half fit against West Coast over there on a 6 day break. We've got other options to bring in anyway in Brown/Francis.

Chance to play this week.

The injury was to the proximal tibiofibular joint in his knee.

Jake Stringer is also a chance to be named this week after scans cleared the star forward of any major damage.

Crow confirmed Stringer sustained a minor injury to his knee, but said he is improving every day and remains in the mix to take on West Coast on Thursday.

“Most of the Essendon fans out there would have seen the footage of Jake coming to ground with someone falling across him, as well as his ankle moving underneath him.

“His scans cleared his ankle of any injury. He does have an injury up near the knee at the proximal tibeofibular joint, which took some stress in that incident.

“That’s sore, but it’s improving day by day. He’ll be given a couple more days to show us how much he can improve in terms of whether or not he gets up for this weekend.”
https://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2019-06-18/mutch-back-in-business

Remove this Banner Ad

Back