AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer

Remove this Banner Ad

You have to be a Bomber faithful to understand just how important the gathering and retention of this guy is for us...

Other team supporters (excluding dogs fans on certain levels) just dont get it, or maybe they do but can't admit it etc etc.

Seeing Stringer happy, content, stabilised and put it all together is truly amazing!

can i just say it shitted me listening to the commentary today.

They kept saying we've created a role where others play a role meaning he doesn't have to defend. fu** off he doesnt defend.

Yep. Was saying the same thing to the TV. He does defend you knobs.

So you’re suggesting that 4 extra goals and inaccuracy have him ahead of Jake?
Yeah but what about clearances on top of that?
Jake is 6th in the league for centre clearances per game. If you take out players who have missed more games than Jake he's 3rd (Parish is clear 1st).

He is the ideal mid/forward and should be nailed into a spot on the HFF in the AA side.
Greene has been doing it from the start of the year though. Stringer's current form only really began after the bye. I know he's had some important games before the bye (eg St Kilda and West Coast), but I doubt that'd put him ahead of Greene. He'll make the squad though.

Nevertheless, Stringer will be close to winning a Brownlow if he keeps this up next year.

On first crack last night, Dixon said Stringer is on 800k.

He is performing like it but I doubt that figure I'd real, felt like a throw away line.

His contract sum hasn't been reported anywhere else.
Dixon always takes cracks at Essendon. You’ll notice he also backed it up by having a unsolicited crack at us not winning a final in XXXXX days. Take what he says with a grain of salt there’s a reason he’s been relegated to that cringe show Bounce

If he does not make the final squad then they are kidding. I am not really big on the whole AA stuff but what player has kicked 40 goals and also had the impact as a clearance player ? Answer = none.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he does not make the final squad then they are kidding. I am not really big on the whole AA stuff but what player has kicked 40 goals and also had the impact as a clearance player ? Answer = none.
He’ll be named on a flank or pocket imo
Reckon the forward 6 will look something like
Hf - petracca Hawkins zorko
Ff - Greene Mckay Stringer

He’ll be named on a flank or pocket imo
Reckon the forward 6 will look something like
Hf - petracca Hawkins zorko
Ff - Greene Mckay Stringer
Thats what it should be.

But we all know they will shoe-horn another mid in there somewhere. Just hope its not at the expense of Jake.

Thats what it should be.

But we all know they will shoe-horn another mid in there somewhere. Just hope its not at the expense of Jake.
I think they have a let off this year as stringer and zorko have played as mid forwards, petracca is the one who they’ll squeeze into the forward line as other mids have Had a lot better years.

Thats what it should be.

I’ve got them shoehorning Bont on a flank at the expense of Zorko.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back