AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer - Dead-eye

Remove this Banner Ad

It's one of those bizarre things where you go 's**t I'd love to get him to Essendon' in like 2014, and then he becomes a gun and wins a flag and you think the horse has bolted and then we somehow bloody well go and get him, still in his complete athletic prime. And he looks brilliant in the sash to boot.

As far as unlikely goes I'd put it on par with Buddy to Sydney.
Watching him running around for Bendigo "How good would it be to get this kid, we'd never be able to get this kid..."

I just watched a highlight video of him. Jesus he’s a jet wheh he’s flying.
He really is.
Most dogs fans i know think he's better than Bont when in full flight, but they just haven't seen it the last couple of years from him.

Age is on his side. If we can re-focus him and rely on him less as a key forward, we have the x-factor player we've been looking for in Martin and co over the last few years.
Good compliment to the list if he gets back to 2015 levels. If he reaches his potential, he's a top 10 player.

I just watched a highlight video of him. Jesus he’s a jet wheh he’s flying.
It's been a guilty pleasure of mine since the trade went through to watch his highlights on YouTube on a Friday night after a few beers. It still burns me that things ended up the way they did, but I hope he reaches his full potential and has a long and successful career.

It's been a guilty pleasure of mine since the trade went through to watch his highlights on YouTube on a Friday night after a few beers. It still burns me that things ended up the way they did, but I hope he reaches his full potential and has a long and successful career.

Whoever was making those super cuts of all Stringer’s goals is a bloody champ. I must’ve watched them all 5 times each

hard to lose such a highly rated player for such peanuts.
We went through it with Ryder and Hibberd (the others less so as i think we were well compensated in the end).
Moreover for Dogs fans since it really wasn't anything the club did wrong.

Hopefully Schache can soften the blow.

Whoever was making those super cuts of all Stringer’s goals is a bloody champ. I must’ve watched them all 5 times each
Agreed. Whoever is making all of those Essendon highlight videos deserves a medal as well. They make the off-season slightly more bearable.

So any truth to the rumour he was carried off by trainers after hurting his knee at training earlier in the week and if so, anyone know how bad it is?
where did you hear this? I haven't heard anything and just held my nose for a quick scan of Blitz and found nothing there either.

In fact, people were saying things such as:

Lookin good Jake!!
Fit & well.

and there's this:

25017831_505840599799999_6755815610501824512_n.jpg

But that could mean he can only handle pool exercise I guess ;)

I did see some typically opaque Blitz in joke posts around media focus and a leg was mentioned, but that would lead me to think maybe someone got the wrong end of the pineapple somewhere

(Log in to remove this ad.)

where did you hear this? I haven't heard anything and just held my nose for a quick scan of Blitz and found nothing there either.

and there's this:

I did see some typically opaque Blitz in joke posts around media focus and a leg was mentioned, but that would lead me to think maybe someone got the wrong end of the pineapple somewhere

Here

You're a braver man than I going into Blitz, as such I thought I'd see if anyone around here has heard.

So any truth to the rumour he was carried off by trainers after hurting his knee at training earlier in the week and if so, anyone know how bad it is?
According to blitz he trained well yesterday

Ch 7 or 9 news was at Tulla yesterday talking to Joe D and there was footage of Stringer training with the other guys, no strapping or whatever.

and there's this:

Best thing about that photo is it shows how much he enjoys being around his daughters.

Hopefully that will be a focus for him and keep him on the straight and narrow which in turn will make his footy go to the previous level as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back