AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer - Dead-eye

Remove this Banner Ad

So he’s injured, for a solid month.

Who comes in for him? Our forward line is getting depleted by the week!
Stewart

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's twice we've had players play out a game with a calf injury to be out for approx 4 weeks (Ambrose being the other one about 6 weeks back). I'm not sure this is a good trend. Are we making these injuries worse so that we aren't down a rotation for a few quarters?

Now obviously I have no idea if the injury was always going to be a 4 week level and it made no difference but it certainly doesn't seem to be the conservative option.

That's twice we've had players play out a game with a calf injury to be out for approx 4 weeks (Ambrose being the other one about 6 weeks back). I'm not sure this is a good trend. Are we making these injuries worse so that we aren't down a rotation for a few quarters?

Now obviously I have no idea if the injury was always going to be a 4 week level and it made no difference but it certainly doesn't seem to be the conservative option.

Four weeks for a calf strain is pretty standard.

Don’t get why Green would come in for Stringer. Laverde when fit, Langford to swing between mid and forward. Francis if need be with Ridley playing back (although would prefer Francis back). Stewart, plenty of better options.

#anyonebutgreen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back