AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer - Dead-eye

Remove this Banner Ad

If you want to kill 10 minutes, have a look at Ablett Snr highlights on YouTube. Insane.

Ablett literally had it all. Name a physical attribute or footy skill and Ablett had it.

He was lightning fast, could jump over a house, was strong as a bull, a booming kick on both feet, aggressive as hell and hands like a croc’s jaws. Deadset freak.

I know we should keep this to Stringer who’s been brilliant, but I remember early in Ablett’s career (‘84) he played for Victoria against WA when state of origin was at its peak. Ablett kicked 7 or 8 I think and looked a class above the best footballers going around.

Do yourself a favour...

What a waste of his time... far too many questions about his past and time at the Bulldogs.

On his part, im sure the players get paid well for tv interviews i doubt its wastimg his time.

On my part, I couldnt care less if he went on tv and talked about his grandmas 73rd birthday party as long as i get to watch him kick 90metre goals from centre clearances on the weekend.

You have to know the past to understand the present... ;)

I think it’s moreso that he’s not very interesting TV fodder otherwise.

He’s a genuine bogan who doesn’t really say a lot and whenever he gets asked about a goal that he’s kicked or something ridiculous he does on field he pretty well always answers something like ‘yeah, just instinct’.

Let’s face it, they kicked him out because he was up to no good and had a unprofessional attitude.

Change of environment at EFC has done him the world of good and he’s matured as a person.

That sheer natural football talent he possesses doesn’t have to be coached.

All he needed was a wake up call to realise how lucky he is to be a pro footy player and to prepare accordingly...mentally and physically.

EFC has done that for him and we’re seeing the benefits of it all.

Happy days 👌
All true. We miss him. It would have been exactly the same had he won a flag early with you guys, lost the plot, then came to us. He was immature and just had to learn a few hard truths to be a professional. Most guys settle, some take longer than others. He’s actually still young.

I know we should keep this to Stringer who’s been brilliant, but I remember early in Ablett’s career (‘84) he played for Victoria against WA when state of origin was at its peak. Ablett kicked 7 or 8 I think and looked a class above the best footballers going around.

Do yourself a favour...

Alan Jeans was the state coach & didn't want Ablett in the side, because of what he'd experienced of him at Hawthorn.
He even went so far as to suggest that Ablett was a fair chance to not even turn up for the flight. Ted Whitten, who'd been commentating on Geelong games for K Rock, personally guaranteed that he'd make sure Ablett was there.

If you want to kill 10 minutes, have a look at Ablett Snr highlights on YouTube. Insane.

If you want to kill some more time you can check out all of Jake Stringer's first 90 goals. I put these together myself, was even considering continuing this to include Essendon goals, but can't be assed now. This one is goals 70 to 90. Some unreal goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you want to kill some more time you can check out all of Jake Stringer's first 90 goals. I put these together myself, was even considering continuing this to include Essendon goals, but can't be assed now. This one is goals 70 to 90. Some unreal goals.

I loved the Tarantino-esque intro! Nice work.

Awesome..great work 👌

Interesting....very impressive for Jake considering his fine form for most the majority of his Bulldog days and now even better at bomberland after his slow start last year.

What baffles me is Jo and Steve’s kid!

But then again I’m not surprised. He’s done FA since his debut and apparently he’s had a great year this season at the blues.

I wouldn’t know. I never watch carlton games. And if I happen to glance, all I’m focused on is Cripps.

Anyway...go Jake.. you ####ing gun👌

Midfield line coach says the Dogs needed Stringer more as a forward but at Essendon he is viewed more as a sort of Martin/Dangerfield type player that impacts in the middle and then goes and impacts deep forward as well.

Think he is used that way some weeks more than others, we've needed him more forward with injuries too this year, I guess. It is fun watching him pull the ball out of the middle and kick it 60 metres to bounce through for a goal, when he gets the chance to :smirk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back