AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer - Dead-eye

Remove this Banner Ad

Jake Stringer
“Jake got to play 60 minutes and came off about halfway through the third quarter with a couple of rests in each quarter. He played a bit of mid and a bit of forward and did everything that was required of him in a fitness sense. He worked really hard on the ground, kicked a couple of goals and laid a couple of big tackles. He did half an hour of running after the game as well, so he’s just on a progression to get fit for AFL football.”

Not a whole lot different from the VFL player review... except they described it as 'three quarters' rather than '60 minutes'.

Achilles not having issues atm...

Forward Jake Stringer played three quarters of VFL on the weekend as he recovers from a foot injury, while David Zaharakis has been slated to play minutes against Footscray this weekend as he builds from a knee injury.

Jake Stringer played some minutes in the VFL against Box Hill on the weekend (and) he’s pulled up really well,” Murphy said.

“The achilles injury that he’s been having is not an issue at the moment, so we’ll continue to build his loads.

“He did a running session off the back of the game time he played, which was three quarters, and he’ll just keep building on that and preparing to perform when he comes into the AFL side.

"Stringer got all the game time he needed, playing midfield and forward. He was strong at ground level and in the contest, breaking tackles and driving through his legs. He looked stronger and fitter, so after two games back, it was another good result for him."

"Stringer got all the game time he needed, playing midfield and forward. He was strong at ground level and in the contest, breaking tackles and driving through his legs. He looked stronger and fitter, so after two games back, it was another good result for him."

eager to see how the new rules impact his game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was in decent shape to start the season. Put it only during rehabbing in Melbourne for the ankle.
It does not really matter how. Unfortunately it points to lack of commitment. No one is questioning his talent but I am happy to question his commitment. He either shapes up or he ships out.

So 7kgs too heavy last year...

How does that happen?

He’s had plenty of battles both mentally and physically since he came to the club. He wasn’t in a good spot when he came over. This is his first full pre season and he’s happy and content. It shows.

* me he’s a good footballer.

He’s had plenty of battles both mentally and physically since he came to the club. He wasn’t in a good spot when he came over. This is his first full pre season and he’s happy and content. It shows.

fu** me he’s a good footballer.
No offence Bunk but that just sounds like more excuses. He can play, there is no doubt. The question mark is over whether he can fully commit. I’d love to see it, I really would.

No offence Bunk but that just sounds like more excuses. He can play, there is no doubt. The question mark is over whether he can fully commit. I’d love to see it, I really would.

I think your being too harsh.
He is the most talented player on our list and performs when he is on the park.

You don't ship those players out, you work at improving their work ethic to enable them to perform

Remove this Banner Ad

Back