AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer - Dead-eye

Remove this Banner Ad

No offence Bunk but that just sounds like more excuses. He can play, there is no doubt. The question mark is over whether he can fully commit. I’d love to see it, I really would.

Well, call it what you want. He’s a human, not a machine. It’s frustrating yes but it was clear as day he was battling some mental demons when he came over. And he’s barely been fit or had a preseason until this year. When he’s been on the park he’s been good... now he looks fitter than ever and it showed today.

The bloke isn’t Trent Cotchin or Andrew McGrath. If he was we wouldn’t have him, he’d be at the Dogs winning Colemans or Brownlows. He is who he is, and was a bargain.

I think your being too harsh.
He is the most talented player on our list and performs when he is on the park.

You don't ship those players out, you work at improving their work ethic to enable them to perform
I’d be happy to ship him out if he is not setting the right example. Bevo shipped him out for a reason and so should we if he is not presenting in the manner that he should.

It does not really matter how. Unfortunately it points to lack of commitment. No one is questioning his talent but I am happy to question his commitment. He either shapes up or he ships out.
It happens. Not everyone is wired the same or they mature at a different rate. You are right in saying shape up or ship out.No argument from me ,however sometimes it is not as black and white as it looks. There have been a lot of off field things he has dealt with. Some of his own doing and other stuff he has had to work through.

No offence Bunk but that just sounds like more excuses. He can play, there is no doubt. The question mark is over whether he can fully commit. I’d love to see it, I really would.
Thoughts on Joe then ?
Where you happy to ship him out ?
One of his biggest issues was not being 100% committed to preparation and injury recovery until 2020.

Thoughts on Joe then ?
Where you happy to ship him out ?
One of his biggest issues was not being 100% committed to preparation and injury recovery until 2020.
With hindsight I’d say we should have shipped him out.

I’m not potting him. I can see why people are jumping in though.
Using terms like "he can shape up or ship out" isn't potting the bloke? Questioning his commitment isn't potting him?

Coz it sure reads like it to me. 🤷‍♂️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stfu dez

Did you not just see that game?

Do you mean without hindsight?
He means Daniher there.

But I understand your confusion given he is weighing up whether we should trade Stringer.
After he kicked 4 goals.
In his return.

I think your being too harsh.
He is the most talented player on our list and performs when he is on the park.

You don't ship those players out, you work at improving their work ethic to enable them to perform

This. Totally agree.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This. Totally agree.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It's a weird take from Dero if I'm honest. The fact he openly admits he came back under done last time and has made sure it hasn't happened this time is something we should applaud him for.

It shows growth from Jake for me.

It's a weird take from Dero if I'm honest. The fact he openly admits he came back under done last time and has made sure it hasn't happened this time is something we should applaud him for.

It shows growth from Jake for me.
It is not weird at all. The bloke is a loose unit.

I don’t think that is what I was getting at all actually. That said, I’d be happy to trade him if he can’t keep it together.
You said he either shapes up or ships out based on the revelation he came back 7kg overweight last year.

He's clearly shaped up by not doing that this year. I'm starting to think you're not sure what you were trying to say. 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back