AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer - Dead-eye

Remove this Banner Ad

Only covered 1.85km in 31 minutes? He's well off the pace.

nCyCz0F.png

Mate. 1.85kms in 31 seconds is pretty good.

How much midfield time could he play? I wonder if the club is thinking he will play more minutes this year
I dunno….he looks more bulked up than slimmed down.

Suspect his role will be the same - start midfield and then drift forward. Don’t imagine they want him playing significantly greater midfield minutes than he did this year.

I dunno….he looks more bulked up than slimmed down.

Suspect his role will be the same - start midfield and then drift forward. Don’t imagine they want him playing significantly greater midfield minutes than he did this year.
A bit of a split role between stringer and Archie could work. Archie up forward for centre bounces then they swap over

A bit of a split role between stringer and Archie could work. Archie up forward for centre bounces then they swap over
With a full fit and firing list id say that will be Caldwells main role, maybe Shiel at times aswell

I see alot of value in perkins forward but your right in that we will need to develop his midfield work at some point, get him coming off a wing or CBA time at VFL if multiple injuries dont occur again

With a full fit and firing list id say that will be Caldwells main role, maybe Shiel at times aswell

I see alot of value in perkins forward but your right in that we will need to develop his midfield work at some point, get him coming off a wing or CBA time at VFL if multiple injuries dont occur again
Keep forgetting Caldwell, it’s like a new recruit! Hope he can keep his hamstrings intact 🤞

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has missed 1 session and came back early with the young guys. This guys best football is ahead of him. It could be scary.

He also mentioned he went midfield more because of the injuries. He isnt sure what the split or role exaclty will be just yet. Does he go forward more with Shiel, Caldwell returning and Hobbs seriously putting his hand up

Seems like he's really matured over the last couple of years

It's interesting hearing the story behind his ankle and weight.
Like no wonder he was bigger. COVID displaced team, lack of facilities, lack of leadership so came back early.

Puts the s**t people throw at him in regards to his standards in perspective. Like I get it he probably wasn't the absolute picture of professionalism but there were reasons he got to what he did.

Like no wonder he was bigger. COVID displaced team, lack of facilities, lack of leadership so came back early.

Puts the sh*t people throw at him in regards to his standards in perspective. Like I get it he probably wasn't the absolute picture of professionalism but there were reasons he got to what he did.
It was a really good podcast and insight, sounds like the 2nd half of 2020 was really challenging and something clicked in his mind and he went into the preseason ready to step up, genuinely happy for the guy.

Plus his voice sounded so much less bogan than the after match interviews. I wonder if its exhaustion or him putting on a little extra mayo for show.

Puts the sh*t people throw at him in regards to his standards in perspective. Like I get it he probably wasn't the absolute picture of professionalism but there were reasons he got to what he did.

All reasons which many people brought up at the time. It was clear as day he came back early and wasn't fit. Still, doesn't bother the trolls.

All reasons which many people brought up at the time. It was clear as day he came back early and wasn't fit. Still, doesn't bother the trolls.

I don’t see how it’s trolling to point out Stringer being overweight is unprofessional. Plenty of other players got injured during the same time period and didn’t stack on the kegs.

It also reflected poorly on the club. Rushing back an overweight still injured Stringer to chase 8th on the ladder never made any sense.

Think it was a good point he made too which gets forgotten, even by some fans.
He was on fire before the injury, in fact the pies game before he did it was probably the best footy he had played for us.

He did the ankle and suddenly everyone forgot that and he was the unprofessional unfit player that was a waste of talent.
He mentioned the pain he tried to play through. Pain just to walk.

I get the professional athlete so suck it up and present yourself properly angle to a degree -but the coverage of some regarding their weight is pretty stupid. Reminds me of the Dane Swan criticisms calling him unfit just because he didn't look how people thought he should.
He then proceeded to average 45 disposals a game and was dominant, didn't look any different.

It was a really good podcast and insight, sounds like the 2nd half of 2020 was really challenging and something clicked in his mind and he went into the preseason ready to step up, genuinely happy for the guy.

Plus his voice sounded so much less bogan than the after match interviews. I wonder if its exhaustion or him putting on a little extra mayo for show.

It's a good podcast in general, his other guests have been great, guy knows his stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back