Player Watch #25: Paul Curtis

lol souup going after Knightmare on his thread.

Even got a retraction from Knightmare

I've been lured before to go over and read that thread.......not again.

So I'll take your word for it and keep punchin' souup!

chairo

Team Captain
Dec 22, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Here you go.

Here is the article as well

Paul Curtis best afield in Western Jets’ victory
A match-winning star turn from a small forward lifted the Jets to a memorable victory, while coach Robbie Chancellor talks up the club’s draft prospects.

A devastating burst from Paul Curtis lifted Western Jets to a stirring 15-point NAB League victory on Saturday.

Curtis’ third-quarter star turn yielded four goals in 15 minutes as the Jets recovered from a 14-point halftime deficit to score an 11.12 (78) to 9.9 (63) triumph over Sandringham Dragons away from home.

The Keilor product had nine shots at goal among 14 disposals and five marks in a best-afield display.

“It was pretty special. He’s certainly got that X-factor and the ability to take a game away from a team in 10 minutes, and he did that on the weekend,” Jets coach Robbie Chancellor said.

“His contest work and ability to finish in front of goal is just really impressive, and it probably ended up being the difference in the game.”

The 178cm livewire is enjoying a productive season in the elite under-age competition, booting nine goals from four appearances.

“You can feel like you don’t see him and he’s not in the game, and all of a sudden he’ll just do something special,” Chancellor said of Curtis.

“The challenge for him is just to create a bit more consistency around what he’s capable of doing and putting in four-quarter performances, not just little bursts.

“That’s something he’s working on, but it was certainly an impressive display (on Saturday).”

----------------------------

A second half onslaught led by livewire Paul Curtis has lifted the Western Jets to an unlikely win over the previously undefeated Sandringham Dragons at Trevor Barker Oval.

In what was the first in a series of blockbuster NAB League matches to be streamed live and exclusive on the Herald Sun website, Curtis slotted all four of his goals inside the first 15 minutes after the main break.

“The emergence of Paul Curtis as a guy, not just who has got potential but he has now got performance as well,” Sheehan said.

“That is what you want to have as a player. He ticked the box for being in the best few players on the ground for your side rather than just showing some flashes of brilliance.”

Curtis’ efforts propelled the Jets to nine second-half goals while the Dragons could manage just four.

Giantroo you are a champion.

Thank you very much indeed.

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Paul Curtis = The Common

I was thinking Jamie Lee, but Common is better.

In any case, I’ve seen this kid as high as 22 in some mocks.

Looks to have many ways of cutting you up, Wingate/Walters/Lindsay Thomas-styles

Jason is a given, Goater has a bit of Shane Claytons about him but at least he is fast and looks clean, this kid just looks like a special talent with a ceiling as high as anyone (bar Yason).

20211129_125152.jpg

Stupid question, whats Curtis's background?

Looks like he may have Tongan or other Islander ancestry. If so I expect he will fit in well at North, Every Tongan I've ever met made cats heads look like marshmallow.

Looks like he may have Tongan or other Islander ancestry. If so I expect he will fit in well at North, Every Tongan I've ever met made cats heads look like marshmallow.
His mother played netball for Tonga.

OOHHH he gave me so much Filipino vibes, just because he looks like the typical filo lol

Easy way to find out, ask him if he loves adobo and how does he shower.

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
OOHHH he gave me so much Filipino vibes, just because he looks like the typical filo lol

I was going to say this Ligs… I wrote it, then realised I’d have been labelled a racist, so I just let it go.

If he were Filo, he’d be too busy doing dress-ups and rehearsing for the Christmas Pageant to have time for Football.

Tongan? Wouldn’t have guessed that in a million years.

Kid can play, which is all that counts.

Last edited:

KiwiRoo

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2007
New Zealand
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Played rugby with Tongan twins. Just the nicest guys off the field...but man I was glad they were on my side when the game started !

I was going to say this Ligs… I wrote it, then realised I’d have been labelled a racist, so I just let it go.

If he were Filo, he’d be too busy doing dress-ups and rehearsing for the Christmas Pageant to have time for Football.

Tongan? Wouldn’t have guessed that in a million years.

Kid can play, which is all that counts.
LMFAOOOO it’s ok

+ practicing for Christmas karaoke

Played rugby with Tongan twins. Just the nicest guys off the field...but man I was glad they were on my side when the game started !
100%

Had quite a few islander friends growing up. Sweetest kids off the field, but step over that white line and they'd break you in half without a second look. Absolute competitors to the last

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just to jump in on the recent conversation, I played footy with a Samoan when I was younger. One of the biggest, most terrifying blokes I reckon I've ever seen and got angry a couple of times on the footy field, but a genuinely lovely man off it. Used to regularly have all the young boys of the footy club around at his place sitting around the fire, eating food and sinking cans before we'd head out to a nightclub or whatever.

Back