barnrokn

All Australian
Aug 1, 2017
Straightouttanthmelb
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Melbourne
Gee we lose Taz we lose our soul. I can live with Higgins and Brown going. Taz would be heartbreaking. If Barrett is just making this up to spite the club given some of the other rumours around I would be after his head. CarPark type assault with no holding back.
F97DFEA8-8B13-4586-9947-49518FBA2FF1.gif

LuvtheKangas

Premium Platinum
Mar 11, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I replied to KCs original and valid post that barrett might be right. If you took that as a need to repeatedly justify your position in multiple posts be my guest mate. Once again, making an observation we play the man a lot and discount the real and very salient point isnt a whine.
No, you actually didn't originally post that Barrett might be right. That only came out after my first response to you.

And once again, my observation is that Barrett is the outlier and us playing the man in his case is all on him.

A tip re repetition: we all know what you think of Jed's disposal, because you keep telling us. Again and again and again and ...

the flying ham

Club Legend
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
No, you actually didn't originally post that Barrett might be right. That only came out after my first response to you.

And once again, my observation is that Barrett is the outlier and us playing the man in his case is all on him.

A tip re repetition: we all know what you think of Jed's disposal, because you keep telling us. Again and again and again and ...
Have a bex and a lie down mate

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Marstermind

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2004
The Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
If this is right, and Barrett is wrong, and if I were NMFC or Robbie, I would release something saying as much. The club just can't put up with hacks like Barrett inventing things designed purely to run the club into the ground. I'd put something out there that that makes Barrett look foolish and inept. And I'd do it now. Not tomorrow. Not after breakfast. NOW!

If Edmund is wrong and Barrett is right. Then we have a problem.

tazaa

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool
If this is right, and Barrett is wrong, and if I were NMFC or Robbie, I would release something saying as much. The club just can't put up with hacks like Barrett inventing things designed purely to run the club into the ground. I'd put something out there that that makes Barrett look foolish and inept. And I'd do it now. Not tomorrow. Not after breakfast. NOW!

How far do we go?
Im 100% convinced Cunnington will be mentioned before too long and then Damo will start on our young guns. Do we respond to all of his BS?

Grogg

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 24, 2012
Womb with a view
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Edmund seems to be getting some very good mail recently & I suspect it's directly from the club.

The only mail Damo gets would be hate.

Marstermind

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2004
The Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
How far do we go?
Im 100% convinced Cunnington will be mentioned before too long and then Damo will start on our young guns. Do we respond to all of his BS?
The likes of Barrett and Hutchinson and Wilson and Ralph and others, are deliberately painting our club as a total joke. Whilst we're trying to attract players and supporters, they are intentionally portraying us an utter shambles in complete disarray that no player would want to play for and no supporter would pay two cents on. We may dismiss them - others don't.

I'm not saying that Buckley, Amarfio, Rawlings or Shaw should come of the long run and totally blast these idiots. But if the Tarrant story is straight-out wrong then come out almost straight away and emphatically say it's wrong. Call them out. Let them know that death-riding us is not on. Keeping silent implies some truth, and perpetuates the LOL Norf/Should go to Tassie image we have.

On the other hand, maybe Tarrant is cheesed off and is thinking of packing up.

DERRINALPHIL

Club Legend
Sep 16, 2001
Behind the goals at the BSO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy, Mercantile C
I know nobody wants to consider it, but even using an unemotional, objective lense - there is a chance players are disenfranchised and unclear of their place at the club especially those over 30.

Quite happy for it not to be the case but you can't just dismiss the idea because it was delivered by a rat syphilis soaked little wank-biscuit like Barrett.
I gather you don't like Barrett

leighlee13

Team Captain
Aug 13, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Now other news agency's are flouting Damien Barrett's "information" :mad:

Robbie Tarrant weighing up future and a potential move away from North
One of the AFL’s most underrated star defender’s is reportedly weighing up his future as one club’s turmoil goes from bad to worse.

OCTOBER 8, 20204:58PM

All eyes may be focused on Essendon and the key name players who continue to put their hands up for trade.
But they’re not the only Victorian club facing a monstrous change to their playing list following a nightmare 2020.

North Melbourne faired far worse this season compared to Essendon and have already pulled the trigger on a number of big moves.

A culling of 11 players was followed by full forward Ben Brown’s time coming to an end, with midfielder Shaun Higgins effectively out the door and looking set to land in Geelong.

Star ruckman Todd Goldstein was reportedly eyeing a move away, but shut down those rumours when he said he wanted to be a one-club player.

Reports also emerged that Jared Polec was told to consider a future away from the club following a season of up and down form.

But now another star player of the league is reportedly considering his own future and weighing up whether or not to move on.

Defender Robbie Tarrant is reportedly considering his options, despite being under contract for the 2021 season.

“Robbie Tarrant, while contracted for 2021, is another North Melbourne player considering a future that may not involve North Melbourne,” Damian Barrett said on AFL Media’s Footy Feed.

“The default position is the contract for 2021, that’s going to be something the club can hold him to, and deep down I think that’s how it plays out, that he does stay a Roo.

“But I can tell you for a fact that he is considering his footy future right now.”

Tarrant joined North Melbourne back in 2007 when he was picked up in the first round of the draft, but he didn’t make his debut until 2010. He has played a total of 164 games.

Marstermind

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2004
The Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
And there it is. On the competition's own website, regurgitated by their FTA broadcaster. Speculation that our VC wants out. It'll spread like COVID until North and/or Tarrant do something about it. And the longer we do, then the broader it spreads. And by which time it won't matter that he stays. The perception is that we have a senior player who is unhappy with the direction of the club and doesn't really want to be there but is tied to his contract. I mean, who'd want to play at Norf?

I'll say it again, if this is rubbish, NMFC need to shut it down.

Snake_Baker

Poster of the Year 2020
Apr 24, 2013
inside your head
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
And there it is. On the competition own website, regurgitated by their FTA broadcaster. Speculation that our VC wants out. It'll spread like COVID until North and/or Tarrant do something about it. And the longer we do, then the broader it spread. And by which time it won't matter that he stays. The perception is that we have a senior player who is unhappy with the direction of the club and doesn't really want to be there.

I'll say it again, if this is rubbish, NMFC need to shut it down.
Welcome to the age of internet hits.

Please exit through the gift shop.

DERRINALPHIL

Club Legend
Sep 16, 2001
Behind the goals at the BSO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy, Mercantile C
Taz is not a great player but he is a player everyone respects. Max Hudghton was a similar sort, a player that every opposition supporter wishes played for their club. Losing Taz is a risk as we then have a backline that could get seriously toweled up every week and we supporters need something to hang our hats on, especially after a loss or a series of losses. Taz was that this year as was the modern reincarnation of David Ackerley in the back pocket and Goldie.

If he goes I suggest we help Collingwood with their salary cap issues and take Mooore, Crisp and Howe off their hands.

TennisPlayerAndy

Klay Thompson's Headband
Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR
Taz is not a great player but he is a player everyone respects. Max Hudghton was a similar sort, a player that every opposition supporter wishes played for their club. Losing Taz is a risk as we then have a backline that could get seriously toweled up every week and we supporters need something to hang our hats on, especially after a loss or a series of losses. Taz was that this year as was the modern reincarnation of David Ackerley in the back pocket and Goldie.

If he goes I suggest we help Collingwood with their salary cap issues and take Mooore, Crisp and Howe off their hands.
Taz is not a great player?

Wat?

Remove this Banner Ad