Past #25: Robbie Tarrant - traded to RFC for CCJ&picks - 2yr deal at RFC - 174 NM games/44 NM goals - retires 13/7/23 effective immediately

Lidge

Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts RIP
Feb 28, 2003
Qantas Club Lounge
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Washington Generals
RobbieTarrant_lrg.jpg

Fast Facts
Height: 195.9
Weight: 90.1
DOB: 25/04/1989
Recruited From: BENDIGO PIONEERS

Powerfully built and strong-marking key position player who had injury interrupted year after recovering from shoulder surgery. Athletic type who kicks well with both feet. From Mildura F.C.

nipper

Cancelled
May 16, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
North Melbourne
RobbieTarrant_lrg.jpg

Fast Facts
Height: 195.9
Weight: 90.1
DOB: 25/04/1989
Recruited From: BENDIGO PIONEERS

Powerfully built and strong-marking key position player who had injury interrupted year after recovering from shoulder surgery. Athletic type who kicks well with both feet. From Mildura F.C.

from South Mildura Football Club

Lidge

Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts RIP
Feb 28, 2003
Qantas Club Lounge
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Washington Generals
From the Bendigo Advertiser...

Shoulder blow

FORMER Bendigo Pioneer Robbie Tarrant may have to wait until 2009 to make his AFL debut after his troublesome shoulders again failed him at the weekend.

The North Melbourne forward who was selected at number 15 in the 2007 National Draft injured his shoulder playing for North Ballarat on Saturday.

Ironically, North Melbourne’s VFL affiliate were playing a practice match against the Bendigo Bombers.

Tarrant visited his surgeon yesterday and was told he required a shoulder reconstruction that is likely to sideline him for at least 12 weeks.

Bendigo Pioneers general manager Ray Byrne said it was the third successive shoulder injury suffered by the talented forward in as many seasons.

‘‘He did his shoulder with us last year pretty badly, but he came back and was really good for the rest of the year,’’ Byrne said.

‘‘He did the other one the year before so he’s obviously got some weakness through his shoulders.

‘‘It’s a shame because his form was really good and they were really happy with how he was going down (at North Melbourne).’’Byrne said Tarrant was in good company, drawing parallels with the injury-riddled shoulders that cruelled the junior football of Carlton star Chris Judd.

Queries over Judd’s durability may have resulted in him slipping to West Coast at pick three in the 2001 super draft behind Luke Hodge and Luke Ball.

‘‘I was talking to a bloke over at West Coast about Judd and he said they just bit the bullet and put him in for surgery straight away and his shoulders ended up stronger than what he was born with,’’ Byrne said.

‘‘It looks like they might have to do the same sort of surgery with Robbie.’’

The Big H

Club Legend
Aug 31, 2004
Launnie
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
I'd like us to bite the bullet with this kid and give him 22 games at fullback next year. Doesn't mean he'll be there for ever, may even teach him a thing or two about the forward line. Could really strengthen the line up if he can do a job back there.

HeLlO-mOtO

Debutant
Aug 6, 2007
Heaven
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Red Sox, Celtic
Hows tazza jnr's preseason comming along??
Hopefully he can get his bad shoulder right, & we get to see more of him & his amazing talents nxt year!!!:)

Masten_Magic

Club Legend
Jun 8, 2008
Mandurah, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Peel, East Freo
my sister is friends with him
this is what he said yesterday
shoulder has been alot better lately
coach wants me ready for round 1
but he might also play me in a nab game.."

mi_hrvati

Team Captain
Nov 25, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
arsenal, dinamo zagreb
my sister is friends with him
this is what he said yesterday
shoulder has been alot better lately
coach wants me ready for round 1
but he might also play me in a nab game.."

good news...hopefully he shows us why we took him at 15 last year

good news...hopefully he shows us why we took him at 15 last year

According to the 'inside word' ...there is gonna be much more a REASON why North got Robbie pick 15.. Huge expectations from close quarters tell me he is the NEXT COMING.. Pick a number between 17 & 19. ;)

The Zebra

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2008 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor
Jun 29, 2004
Hung Like a Horse
AFL Club
North Melbourne
According to the 'inside word' ...there is gonna be much more a REASON why North got Robbie pick 15.. Huge expectations from close quarters tell me he is the NEXT COMING.. Pick a number between 17 & 19. ;)

I think you're having a lend of us, Woodson.

The other player you seem to be referring to was far too good for the opposition when he was playing under age and reserves football. Robbie Tarrant, on the other hand, is yet to show that sort of form or anything like it.

I'll be happy if he's good enough to play one senior game. Then I'll re-assess.

naturally north

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 8, 2008
Waiting for Lindsay Thomas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
T**ty Bong two's
According to the 'inside word' ...there is gonna be much more a REASON why North got Robbie pick 15.. Huge expectations from close quarters tell me he is the NEXT COMING.. Pick a number between 17 & 19. ;)[/quote]

great news- the next brad Moran;)

May 17, 2009
Melbourne , Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
quick question regarding robbie , i know he was ruled out for the remainder of this season and requires surgery , but the last couple of training sessions he has been traing i dont know if hes on light duties or what im just going by photos ive seen. So is he a chance to get back this year or is the surgery not needed immediately so there waiting ? ...

Start Segment:

• Commented on how its hard seeing all the other guys going and relaxing while he has to stick to rehab.
  • Apparently has met with Brad Scott and they got on well.
  • Looks in amazing shape.
  • The panel stated that if he can get his injuries under control he's going to be an amazing player and how happy they are that North has shown faith in him.
  • Talk of how good it would be if Tarrant could break into our forward line and play on his brother, who they also mentioned would be a good inclusion if he were traded to North.

End Segment

Back