Past #25: Robbie Tarrant - traded to RFC for CCJ&picks - 2yr deal at RFC - 174 NM games/44 NM goals - retires 13/7/23 effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Ooh tough one. Tarrant much classier.

But Mick had to slug it out in an era where just about every team had at least 1-2 very capable strong key forwards and at least 3 of them would go down as AFL legends.

Robbie is a gun but let's see how he'd go taking Ablett, Modra, Lockett, Dunstall, Rocca, Lyon et al on constant rotation.

Not saying he'd fail but it'd be a tougher ask than the army of 199cm ex-basketballers getting around these days.

And in Mick’s day FBs were generally left one out to fend for themselves.

Slightly off topic, I actually saw Micky yesterday. Walking away from the Queen St court region pushing a trolley full of case files next to a barrister!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
And in Mick’s day FBs were generally left one out to fend for themselves.

Slightly off topic, I actually saw Micky yesterday. Walking away from the Queen St court region pushing a trolley full of case files next to a barrister!!

His wife was/is a lawyer? Assume it's related to this.

Was trippy seeing his almost grown-up daughters speaking about him in a clip last year. I always imagine these player's babies still being babies until seeing them emerge 15 odd years later.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
I can’t see Mick coping with today’s rules or Arch or JYD for that much

At the other end Carey would have kicked 100 goals per season from 93 to 99

I remember screaming out at the MCG one day in the late 90’s “why don’t ya turn it into basketball”

I got my request

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Mick is a ripper bloke. If you ever have the chance go and say hello - he is a genuinely good shinboner.

A very soft hearted and gentle man, which surprises some.

A very soft hearted and gentle man, which surprises some.

Very much like his late father Snake
Pure gentlemen with very kind hearts
I remember just before Skinny died, he went to the effort of having certificates printed , proclaiming his love for North.
They were all on the top counter of the old reception
I bloody wish I could find my copy after all these years

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Very much like his late father Snake
Pure gentlemen with very kind hearts
I remember just before Skinny died, he went to the effort of having certificates printed , proclaiming his love for North.
They were all on the top counter of the old reception
I bloody wish I could find my copy after all these years

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Met skinny and mrs skinny (always forget her name) and they were genuine shinboners - hard working folk who appreciated everything they had. Would sometimes sit with mrs skinny at games and she loved her roos.

Dirty_11

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 28, 2014
Beneath the Blue & White
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Shinboners
Micky was a champ. He would be a little too short now, and the horizontal swipe to take out the arms would make thing a little harder. Micky was underrated as **** in the 90's also, a champion full back in an era of the greatest full forwards to play the game.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Dirty_11

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 28, 2014
Beneath the Blue & White
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Shinboners
I have also met him a few times. He took the time to say g'day to my then 5yo outside Etihad before that Tigers game where we came from the clouds in the second half (2014?). Genuine bloke.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
He’s the best all round key defender in the game.

Will be interesting to see how he goes without Scooter beside him.

It's not so much Tazz that we need to worry about, it's Daw, Durdin, McKay & Walker.

A hell of a lot of defensive smarts walked out the door with Thommo.

He said that? Surely not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wtf? When did he say that?
Presumably Gossage only watched the two games we had in Perth where Kennedy and McCarthy dominated us.
Tim Sausage is a one-eyed Aints supporter, another reason to smack them Rd1..
Friday two weeks back.
There was a segment on SEN about footballers or sportspeople that needed to lift.
Some muppet nominated Robbie Tarrant most likely a pisstake and then Gossage not only agreed but justified it by quoting contested marking stats for 2019.
He was challenged by North listeners and then went even further and blamed Tarrant as the reason we are mid table.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Criminally underrated.

He is a far superior footballer especially when compared to media love child’s like Talia, Blicavs or Hurley (disregard Rance because he is actually a good footballer).

If Robbie plays another 50-60 games to the standard he has set over the past 4 years then I’d happily argue he has had a better career than his brother.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Friday two weeks back.
There was a segment on SEN about footballers or sportspeople that needed to lift.
Some muppet nominated Robbie Tarrant most likely a pisstake and then Gossage not only agreed but justified it by quoting contested marking stats for 2019.
He was challenged by North listeners and then went even further and blamed Tarrant as the reason we are mid table.

w***er

Dec 18, 2014
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Pierce & Pierce, Stratton Oakmont
Like most people in the media, they probably don’t watch the games. All they can do is point to irrelevant stats, rather than use the eye test like most people. I’m sure people in the media will soon make the argument that Jack Riewoldt is better than Tony Lockett because he runs more Km’s than him 🤦‍♂️

Back