Past #25: Robbie Tarrant - traded to RFC for CCJ&picks - 2yr deal at RFC - 174 NM games/44 NM goals - retires 13/7/23 effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly sickening to think this bloke has never gotten the praise he deserves. Just goes to show you how s*** we are treated by the AFL and it’s media. To think that overrated hack Rance has been the AA Full Back that many times is an outrage. Also, anyone notice how any time Tarrant is actually beaten, the commentators will criticise him, yet they will never praise him for controlling his opponent which he does 99% of the time?

Honestly sickening to think this bloke has never gotten the praise he deserves. Just goes to show you how s*** we are treated by the AFL and it’s media. To think that overrated hack Rance has been the AA Full Back that many times is an outrage. Also, anyone notice how any time Tarrant is actually beaten, the commentators will criticise him, yet they will never praise him for controlling his opponent which he does 99% of the time?
Amateur league and this is one of the many ways it manifests.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

All Australian surely

It’s not fair.
I said in 2016 that if we ever were to win number 5 he would be the most deserving of all.
The s**t he’s had to endure and put up with the last six years has been astonishingly cruel.

Make him captain for the rest of 2020.
If someone’s going to lift this team and demand consistency and effort week in week out then its Robbie.

Bizarre post. I think the media highly rates Taz, as they should. But gee whizz, Alex Rance across half back was a dead-set leviathan.
Taz MUST be captain next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My god is he reliable back there.
I don’t think I’ve ever felt more comfortable with the ball in a North players hands.*

*since he moved down back.

196cms, 97Kgs, and he flogged an elite midfielder when the ball was flying in to their forward line all night.

Dangerfield: 0 goals, 0 behinds, 0 score involvements.

I have run out of superlatives for this bloke..

196cms, 97Kgs, and he flogged an elite midfielder when the ball was flying in to their forward line all night.

Dangerfield: 0 goals, 0 behinds, 0 score involvements.

I have run out of superlatives for this bloke..

The beauty of having McKay down there now is that we can play Taz on these blokes. Taz moves into the Scotty Thompson role, Ben takes Robbie’s role.

According to Barrett is has asked to be moved on, so could be crap.

maybe just trying to get his contract extenEd.

"Moved on" could also just as likely mean retire.

I know nobody wants to consider it, but even using an unemotional, objective lense - there is a chance players are disenfranchised and unclear of their place at the club especially those over 30.

Quite happy for it not to be the case but you can't just dismiss the idea because it was delivered by a rat syphilis soaked little wank-biscuit like Barrett.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back